Security Apps?

turp415

May 10, 2011
Visit site
i run a stock galaxy s3(had issues with my evo being rooted and unable to unroot), and was kinda curious about something. a friend of mine was told, by sprint, that he didn't need to run any security app(ie, lookout, avast, etc). is this correct? could this phone be secure enough to not need any security? any responses are apprieciated. Thanks.:)

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
i run a stock galaxy s3(had issues with my evo being rooted and unable to unroot), and was kinda curious about something. a friend of mine was told, by sprint, that he didn't need to run any security app(ie, lookout, avast, etc). is this correct? could this phone be secure enough to not need any security? any responses are apprieciated. Thanks.:)

He is probably right in that there is much less chance of viruses, spyware, and malicious software downloads than on a PC, however if you want to use a product like Lookout (which I use) which take up very little resources, why not give yourself that additional protection that makes you feel a little more comfortable?

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
There are arguments for and against. I also have Lookout. I don't know how effective it is at detecting malicious software, however it has blocked some known bad websites that I stumbled upon. Regardless of malware protection, I mainly have it in case my phone is lost/stolen so that I can locate, remote wipe, etc.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ditto I also use Lookout, the peace of mind that it brings, the features it offers all make me a little less afraid of a virus or malicious website that can threaten my phone and like you said the remote, locate features are cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670