Shutter sound. (probably asked before)

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just curious about the shutter sound. Can it be turned off or silenced at all without rooting? I've recently started using instagram and noticed it does it there as well. It's annoying.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay I no exactly da smarterest persona here. I can't figure out how to do this no root method....
Download the file linked on xda. Its a exe file in a 7z archive so extract it. Go to where you extracted it. Put phone in download mode (vol-dn+home+pwr) plug into PC and run the Odin one click exe. Go chill for 10-15 mins and come back to the same phone with the addition of a camera sound toggle

Last edited:

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
No longer lost. Figured out the error. I need to learn to read a bit better. Waiting on it right now. Hopefully this works, I have bad luck with phones.

Last edited:

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Worked like a charm. Thank you VERY much. I might start looking into this rooting business now that it doesn't seem so terrifying.

vwvapor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Or try Camera JB+ from Google Play. The silent shutter sound works on my non-rooted Sprint S3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Angel Camera and Silent Camera are two applications with no shutter sound. Only problem is that it's just another application to install.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay I no exactly da smarterest persona here. I can't figure out how to do this no root method....

You can't. You have to be rooted. Once your rooted its a simple task of going into the system files and renaming the two files with a extension on the end. Then the sound goes away.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

svt2003

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
sorry for being a noob but i cant figure this out. do i need to download a odin one click or just the file from the link. thanks for any help ps not rooted

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Download the file linked on xda. Its a exe file in a 7z archive so extract it. Go to where you extracted it. Put phone in download mode (vol-dn+home+pwr) plug into PC and run the Odin one click exe. Go chill for 10-15 mins and come back to the same phone with the addition of a camera sound toggle
Followed these instructions, and now I can toggle off the shutter sound. (I'll eventually get around to rooting, but I'm working my way to that.) Thanks very much; it was a pain in the ass not being able to take pics of my Sleeping Beauty without waking her up.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Excuse my ignorance, but I am new to this Odin one click. Is this an app or a program I need to download first before I can do the rest of this? And am I downloading this file to my phone or my PC? And one last question, what do I extract the program with (I realize the answer to this question depends on where it is downloaded)? Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for re-posting this - I know how to shut the shutter sound off via root, but I was hoping to do this: (1) without rooting (2) not mess up any future OTA's (3) being able to toggle on or off (4) leaving the system "intact" the way it was before the start of the process?

So what you are saying, this will give me an on-off toggle, rather than an all or nothing?