07-28-2019 08:55 PM
46 12
tools
    For us, it's always been a Sprint issue. We live in western NC where cell coverage is sporadic. Sprint and Verizon are bed buddies to keep everyone covered.

We call, get the "do this reboot" dance, then later find out they were doing a network update or something in the area. It goes away until the next time they or Verizon is doing an update somewhere.

However, the multiple texts are only with other, local Sprint customers, never from anyone outside the area.
    04-12-2014 10:02 PM
    I have been receiving multiple texts saying the same thing from facebook and twitter for the last few days.

I didnt try anything to resolve it until 2 hours ago and I think I nailed it.

I was prepping to reformat/reset my Samsung Galaxy Prevail v1(stock 2.3.6)(Boost) by making sure everything was synced, As I went to the sync window, it showed me a "Sync people Details" error.
    I unchecked sync people details, rechecked it, was able to sync that thing, And then finally, I deleted the text message threads relating to the facebook and twitter messages I have received.

I have not received any repeat texts since doing this.

I have not reset my phone through all of this and will reply to this topic soon if the texts start up again.
    04-28-2014 04:04 PM
    I have been with Sprint since the beginning - (16 to 18 years?) and I have received multiple texts randomly more so for about the last 5 years. At first I thought it was my Airave, then it happened to me on the road - so I think it is simply a Sprint problem - for me it is random and is limited to about 2 to 3 repeated texts sometimes in succession and sometimes 15 to 30 minutes later.

Everyone might have different fixes that might work for them, but for me, I simply live with it because IMHO, there is no fix. My .02 cents.
    04-30-2014 11:13 AM
    thanks you fixed my issue I have the flashlight app and I disabled shake to turn on and no more problems your the man

this guy knows his ****
    I had the same problem with my Sony Xperia Pro (MK16i), running on Android 4.0.4 (ICS).

Whenever I install an app that turns the screen off on a shake, twist or turn the problem occurs: multiple copies of an SMS.
    When I disable it or better even, uninstall it, everything turns out normal.
    Apparently the App prevents SMS-Receive-Reports to be sent back tot the SMS provider (phone-company) 's Servers.
    Then these think the SMS was not received (phone off or something alike) ant try is after 10 minutes or so (depending on the provider) again.
    This causes multiple receipts. Until the phone get the opportunity to send a SMS-Receive-Reports back. Then the whole circus stops. Until the next SMS.

Try to see if something uses the Device-control slots (see settings-security). Try to disable it or uninstall it.
    Or get a newer phone or Android version.
    Otherwise, I also don't know.

Cheers,
    Imre
    05-12-2014 02:26 PM
    I am on T-Mobile, I get it with friends - irregardless of network they are on sporadically.
    Today I had it with wife - she had same phone, HTC ONE. Same behavior, message repeats on my phone every 2 minutes for a varying period of time. Sometimes it continues repeating even after they have sent another message.

Sometimes I am on WiFi sometimes I am downtown on cellular network. I have no idea why this occurs.
    06-24-2014 09:02 AM
    I am on T-mobile and I will get repeat text messages from anyone. I can get anywhere from just two to almost fifty of the same message.
    08-16-2014 05:12 PM
    I had that problem for a month. I reset my phone, I removed programs, I stop syncing, nothing worked. I use MetroPCS and a Samsung Exhibit phone. I then went to the Main metro store in my area, and they reset the phone and did some sort of refresh. That fixed the problem, and the phone works faster now also. Must have been clogged up. I will now only add as few apps as possible and maybe that will avoid problems in the future.
    09-15-2014 05:53 PM
    My phone started receiving the same text message repeated times. My daughter said her phone said, "sending failed," so I surmised it was that my phone was not acknowledging the receipt. It began right after my phone asked to install some updates. I had said "no" to the Google "Talk" update because I don't use it. After I had this problem for 24 hours, I went back to "Talk" and did a simple setup, then the repeats stopped & I got all the other messages that had been held back.
    09-19-2014 07:16 AM
    On my Sony Xperia Miro i often have the problem that i get the same messages over and over but it always goes away after a few hours. Now i have the same problem but it has been about 14hours, i have received over 300 text messages and i don't get new messages from people. only the old ones.
    Can someone help me???
    10-09-2014 10:42 AM
    Been receiving multiple text for a while what do i do.
    11-19-2014 09:00 AM
    This has been screwing with me for weeks, the only thing that has made a difference and fixed it I thiiiiink is uninstalling Facebook Messenger.

Idk why but since doing so the multi messages have chillllled out.
    11-22-2014 12:47 AM
    I resolved this by removing Facebook messenger ap from my phone.
    Removed Messenger from my Android and the problem fixed itself immediately. No more Messenger for me. Not worth the hassle.
    Joe Volpe likes this.
    03-26-2015 04:46 PM
    I remove the facebook messenger from samsung galaxy phone tablet gt p1000 and restarted . somehow i stopped receiving multiple messages. Thank God ridding this annoyance.
    07-07-2015 07:38 PM
    Its been 8 hours of texting . NO repeat sms received . good riddance. I think its the facebook messenger
    07-08-2015 03:20 AM
    If you recently installed Messenger to your device, it might help to remove it. It definitely helped me to deal with the problem.
    07-10-2015 07:39 AM
    I can confirm that removing Facebook Messenger from my phone cured the incredibly annoying multiple texts problem.
    I spent ages on help lines and that didn't help. had a new SIM and that didn't help. I removed AVG and that didn't help. I almost bought a new phone, dammit! Then I found this solution and I am very happy :-)
    09-25-2015 06:44 AM
    i have the galaxy s4 with simple mobile but it runs off tmobile and my friends are texting me but i keep getting the same texts over and over again ive re booted my phone twice but that doesnt help it.
    11-02-2015 01:18 PM
    Thank you so much....uninstalled messenger and fixed
    HamidAnwar likes this.
    02-03-2016 02:32 AM

Yes…, it works for me too.
    THANK YOU…
    02-05-2016 02:13 PM
    Thank you
    02-21-2017 10:43 PM
    Never from a text but occasionally get multiple copies of gtalk messages...
    Yep I have the same issue multiple times in several phones. As somebody mentioned while that time my I was using messenger .since I changed my phone I never updated my messenger so our couldn't use it, yesterday I did updated and the msgs start to come repeatly. I think this must be problem of messenger.
    07-28-2019 08:55 PM
46 12