Receiving Multiple Copies of the Same Text Message

ncwitz

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced receiving multiple copies of the same text message? Just today I've received about 15 copies of the same text from my daughter over a period of 3-4 hours. I'm not sure if it's related to phone itself or Google Voice. I've tried restarting the phone... no change. Thanks for any suggestions/comments.

Sprint Network Galaxy S3
Using Google Voice
Nova Launcher
Android 4.1.1 (stock)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced receiving multiple copies of the same text message? Just today I've received about 15 copies of the same text from my daughter over a period of 3-4 hours. I'm not sure if it's related to phone itself or Google Voice. I've tried restarting the phone... no change. Thanks for any suggestions/comments.

Sprint Network Galaxy S3
Using Google Voice
Nova Launcher
Android 4.1.1 (stock)

Never from a text but occasionally get multiple copies of gtalk messages...

ncwitz

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It's still happening.. since about 3 pm. No set frequency between texts, but so far must have received at least 25-30 copies. I've tried disabling the linkage to Google Voice for Sprint. No effect so far. Starting to drive me crazy.

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me on my EVO LTE.. Which is why I have the SG3 now.. I say call sprint and ask for assistance. They tried to refresh the cpu which didnt work so i just asked for a new phone.. no problems thus far

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I never had this happen to me until last week after Sprint had me do a soft reset to fix another problem. Since then I have gotten the same messages multiple times from two different people. Sprint now wants me to do a hard reset. I was hoping to find a fix here.

ncwitz

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure it was really the fix for anything but after 1. Disable Google Voice, 2. soft reset, 3. Enable Google Voice... so far no longer getting duplicates... at least for now. It seems to be a transient problem... not occurring consistently. Oddly, when it happens it is most often with my daughter who has another S3.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure it was really the fix for anything but after 1. Disable Google Voice, 2. soft reset, 3. Enable Google Voice... so far no longer getting duplicates... at least for now. It seems to be a transient problem... not occurring consistently. Oddly, when it happens it is most often with my daughter who has another S3.

After talking with Sprint this afternoon, a soft reset is what they did to my phone last week that may have started this problem with my phone. Also, both times it happened, it was an S3 that was sending the texts.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are any of you with this problem using an Airave, Handcent or Gosms? Or any combination of these... if so, disable all of them for a day or two. The airave definitely causes multiples, but I've also has them when using Handcent or GoSMS...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

javed001

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am using a micromax canvas A110 with airtel SIM. I am also receiving multiple messages but only when message is coming from and AIRCEL sim. with other carriers it is fine, no problem.

droid150X997

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I get up to 17 of the same text message. Within 10 seconds of waking my phone up I can get up to 17 duplicates of the same text. If I have multiple people text me while my phone is asleep my phone sometimes won't vibrate I press the power button to wake my phone and if I'm lucky only one person texted me and it will only get duplicated 10 times... if 3 pwople texted me it can get into the 20s... needless to say my phone goes crazy for about 10-15 seconds. This happens everyday.

Dailen

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any sorta apps that forward your messages to your computer (i.e. MightyText) or a 3rd party text messaging app?

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you with this problem using an Airave, Handcent or Gosms? Or any combination of these... if so, disable all of them for a day or two. The airave definitely causes multiples, but I've also has them when using Handcent or GoSMS...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

I am, i have that stupid airrave that doesn't really do much, and i use handcent. I've had this issue since the end of last year. But being a computer tech, I've narrowed it down to sprint.

I've disabled different apps & services, hard & soft reboots, and even did not a full wipey & restore. Removing the airrave did nothing. And it keeps happening intermittently, but only from other sprint accounts, but i get em from iPhones's, evo's, s3's, two note2's, and gtalk accounts. But again only from other sprint customers. Nothing i have come across works, i just deal with it now. But unlike poor Droid15 up there, i only get 2 maybe 3 duplicates from any one sender.

If you've solved this, please post ALL your findings here.

Steve Garberick

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My phone runs more on Verizon air than it does on Sprint. I have noticed that when on another network I get repeated texts. If I am on my airrave, I am OK. Sprint sort of sucks in the cell strength around here. Should have stayed with Verizon.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am, i have that stupid airrave that doesn't really do much, and i use handcent. I've had this issue since the end of last year. But being a computer tech, I've narrowed it down to sprint.

I've disabled different apps & services, hard & soft reboots, and even did not a full wipey & restore. Removing the airrave did nothing. And it keeps happening intermittently, but only from other sprint accounts, but i get em from iPhones's, evo's, s3's, two note2's, and gtalk accounts. But again only from other sprint customers. Nothing i have come across works, i just deal with it now. But unlike poor Droid15 up there, i only get 2 maybe 3 duplicates from any one sender.

If you've solved this, please post ALL your findings here.

My issues stop when I turn off my Airave.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Airave: no
Sprint: 3G (LTE off)

The multiple message thing happened only every now and then, maybe when service kicked in and out and perhaps Sprint's lines couldn't tell if the msg was successfully sent. But yesterday 6/25 from about 5pm and continuing into this morning, I'm getting repeat texts, at random times, and even out of sequence despite having 4 of 5 bars. Wife's iPhone not having the same issue, so maybe it's the sender's carrier? Or is this phenomenon dependent on signal strength where -dare I say it- the iPhone gets better signal strength than my S3 (4.1.2 @PBMD4 @3.0.31)

cheers/dom

eyessquared

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have re-received every text msg since 7-3 early am at least every 3 hours since they were origonally sent. The Message details show the time they were actually received and the time they were actually sent as hours and days ago... As I receive quite a few texts I am not getting dozens of repeat texts an hour. I called CS and they have tried everything, credited my account for $40 this month, promissed to credit me an aditional $40 for next month, are going to waive the replacement fee on my phone, and give me a bran new HTC One. Too bad it will take another 4 hours to transfer everything from one to the other through the HTC transfer tool... :-(

Anyone got a solution other than returning a mildly bricked phone for a new one?

I^2 = -1

angieoh

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I also keep getting multiple texts and I am still receiving them a day later. The only thing I notice is that they are text
messages from Sprint Users. It is so annoying.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow thats alot of messages.
I would take the htc one, most of the stuff you can transfer, shouldnt it be backed up ? Get app monster pro or something like that to help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci