How do i get the stock clock/weather back on my Galaxy S3?

terryjg55

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem. The stock clock app on my S III is working great. I want to add it to my new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It does not have a clock app at all, just an alarm. I know there are lots of clock apps in Play, but I like the one that comes stock on the S III.

Is that possible?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a slightly different problem. The stock clock app on my S III is working great. I want to add it to my new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It does not have a clock app at all, just an alarm. I know there are lots of clock apps in Play, but I like the one that comes stock on the S III.

Is that possible?

Welcome to the forums.
I don't believe so. I tried manually pulling an .apk file from my Tab to my S3 and it didn't work. After mulling it over a while, I came to the conclusion (at least I think it is right) that since APP X is signed to ROM X, they can't work on other devices. So, pulling your clock from your S3, which that app is signed to your S3 ROM, can't work on your Tab due to different signatures.

Dumb, I know....I like the Calendar on my tab better than the stock on my S3. That was the exact app I tried extracting, and failed.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay, the same thing happened to me last night. I followed the instructions by long pressing the screen, and hit apps and widgets. It brought me to all my apps. I see no stock clock, no accurate weather, no weather. What now? How do I get my clock/weather back??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, the same thing happened to me last night. I followed the instructions by long pressing the screen, and hit apps and widgets. It brought me to all my apps. I see no stock clock, no accurate weather, no weather. What now? How do I get my clock/weather back??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

When you do that, you need to select widgets. It is there around that last page of widgets.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

savanah showalter

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Long press on the screen, you will see a menu pop up select apps and widgets, then select widgets, stock clock is in the last widgets panel, long press it to put it on your home screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes thank yooooouuu! I tried before, and ignorantly didn't switch the tab from apps to widgets, and was convinced I'd have to hard reset. Haha

Chassquirrel

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 2 and can't find the stock clock either. It has the standard AccuWeather app with the clock but I want the original widget/app that I could tap on to get to alarm, world clock, stopwatch, timer, and the desk clock. To get to those options, I have to open the back clock face icon. I have Android version 4.3. Any ideas?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want the original widget/app that I could tap on to get to alarm, world clock, stopwatch, timer, and the desk clock.
You are looking in the widgets section, yes?
Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If you are you won't be able to use the stock TouchWiz widget.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Chassquirrel

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You are looking in the widgets section, yes?
Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If you are you won't be able to use the stock TouchWiz widget.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
First of all, I really appreciate your response. I am looking at the 'widgets section'. I am not using any kind of 3rd party launcher. I have heard about the 'TouchWiz widget but I don't know how to tell if my Verizon Note 2 uses it. How can I tell?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have heard about the 'TouchWiz widget but I don't know how to tell if my Verizon Note 2 uses it. How can I tell?
Sorry if I confused you - I was not referring to a widget named "TouchWiz widget", but merely referring to the fact that the stock weather widget only works on TouchWiz (that's the Samsung user interface). If you were using a 3rd party launcher then you'd also have to use a 3rd party weather widget.

Since that's not the case, you should be able to find the stock weather widget somewhere in the list of widgets. I understand that you have AccuWeather installed but that shouldn't remove the stock widget. You could try uninstalling AccuWeather just to see if it makes a difference.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I lost my weather on home screen, how do I add it back
I heard that there was a hurricane sweeping through the area which probably blew it away.

Seriously though, you probably just deleted the widget by accident (or moved it to a different Home screen), so you just need to add it back again. Open your Application Drawer, select the Widgets tab, and look through the widgets until you find the weather one - then just long-press it and drag it to the Home screen.

ZJGrayves

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
You are welcome.

I have a question about the widget, only mine won't load after I restarted my phone. Any suggestions? Sorry if I should have posted somewhere else on this thread, it's my first time on this site. Please reply to [email removed by moderator] if you could. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae