dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use this or know someone that has? It looks very interesting... Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have one. I love it. The case is actually 10 times better than the iPhone one. Charges just like a wall charger, very fast

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Awesome might be getting it for Christmas does the case add bulk?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not at all. Very slim and adds a nice touch to it, especially since it's white and my phone is white. I've dropped it a couple times and no damage so it actually provides some protection too

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw this in the newspaper last week and thought this looks hot! I guess I have to purchase the case for the S3 separate though right? The power mat alone was a hundred bucks. Anyone with it know how much the case is?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I saw this in the newspaper last week and thought this looks hot! I guess I have to purchase the case for the S3 separate though right? The power mat alone was a hundred bucks. Anyone with it know how much the case is?

It's all included. Case and powermat plus backup battery. At least where I work its included for the $100 lol

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's all included. Case and powermat plus backup battery. At least where I work its included for the $100 lol

Sheeeeit where u work at? Maybe I can buy online?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have to charge my SIII so seldom I just don't see much value in it. Saving a $100+ in exchange for plugging the phone in once or twice a day seems a decent trade-off to me.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to charge my SIII so seldom I just don't see much value in it. Saving a $100+ in exchange for plugging the phone in once or twice a day seems a decent trade-off to me.

Good point but it just looks cool lol. You won't have to look for an outlet, just place the phone on the powermat and voila! Some people use their phone a lot and need to charge more than once or twice a day. If I had unlimited data, my battery would've waved the white flag and surrendered already ROTFL.

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Not at all. Very slim and adds a nice touch to it, especially since it's white and my phone is white. I've dropped it a couple times and no damage so it actually provides some protection too

Just wondering if you actually put the stock case and the one that came with the Powermat side-by-side and compared them?
Are they Exactly the same dimensions or is the Powermat case a little bit thicker?

When Verizon released their back cover for the S3 that supports wireless charging, I found that their case "looked" the same but was just slightly more bulky.
The added bulk of the wireless charging case was just enough to make it not fit inside an Otterbox Defender case.
If the Powermat case it an exact duplicate of the stock S3 case then I know a few S3 owners with Defender cases that will be buying a Powermat system.

Also wondering when Samsung will start selling their wireless charging solution. It has been about SEVEN MONTHS since they introduced the idea but, as yet, have FAILED to get it to market.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Good point but it just looks cool lol. You won't have to look for an outlet, just place the phone on the powermat and voila!

Well no, not really. If you're carrying a charger around with you, whether the Powermat or a regular charger, you still have to find a place to plug it in. The Powermat only saves you that step if you leave it plugged in in one location. I have USB chargers everywhere I normally spend time, so all I have to do is plug in the micro USB connector. Hardly a difficult or challenging activity.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well no, not really. If you're carrying a charger around with you, whether the Powermat or a regular charger, you still have to find a place to plug it in. The Powermat only saves you that step if you leave it plugged in in one location. I have USB chargers everywhere I normally spend time, so all I have to do is plug in the micro USB connector. Hardly a difficult or challenging activity.

I was actually referring to being at home or in an office and leaving it plugged in in one place. If I purchase a powermat, I'm not gonna be carrying it around. For all that effort I could just carry the wall charger in my pocket. That would be silly to walk around with a powermat and still have to look for an outlet to plug it into. Please give me a lil more credit next time please and thanks. I'm not that slow

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I understand. But you said "you don't have to look for an outlet." That's true for any charger that you leave in one place, not just the Powermat. So give me a little credit, and carefully think about what I was responding to.

All the Powermat saves you is plugging the micro USB connector in. I'd have to be plugging that thing in 50 times a day to make me even consider spending $100+ to avoid it.

To each his own, though. if it floats your boat, and you've got the cash, go for it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I understand. But you said "you don't have to look for an outlet." That's true for any charger that you leave in one place, not just the Powermat. So give me a little credit, and carefully think about what I was responding to.

All the Powermat saves you is plugging the micro USB connector in. I'd have to be plugging that thing in 50 times a day to make me even consider spending $100+ to avoid it.

To each his own, though. if it floats your boat, and you've got the cash, go for it.

I use a power bank to charge my phone. I can charge my phone almost 3 times off a single charge. It also charged my phone in almost half the time a wall charge does.