SIII Sprint 4G LTE Speed

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had 4G at work (LAX) for a little while now and have been impressed. Now I have it at home in Torrance, CA and ran a test to see how fast it is. I know it's new and the more people who start using it will slow it down. I just want to see other Sprint customers' results.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356170559491.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356170559491.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 547

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hate to rain on your parade....:) I'm sure it's better than what you're used to, but here's one for you. BTW it's never this fast consistently, I average 25-30 most of the time.

It almost looks like your WiFi icon is there beside the signal bars?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-23-11-37-51.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-11-37-51.png
    503.6 KB · Views: 189

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had my wifi on when I posted. Want to attach this to show I was 4G for the test.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356170810826.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356170810826.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 535

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is great! Ya it is a lot better than what I'm used to. I'm only making this post to compare. I want to see what other Sprint customers are getting.

JihadJoe

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok - time for a dumb question:
I noticed that your icon actually says "LTE" at the top of the screen. If/when I travel to an LTE area, I just see an icon that says "4G". My speeds run around 8-15 Mbps. Am I doing something wrong?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hate to rain on your parade....:) I'm sure it's better than what you're used to, but here's one for you. BTW it's never this fast consistently, I average 25-30 most of the time.

It almost looks like your WiFi icon is there beside the signal bars?

That looks like ATT.. Which is fast no doubt but capped. Either capped where you pay more once you go over or you are grandfathered on their "unlimited" and get throttled after 5GB. But they will always be faster so not sure why the brag post?

Either way 10 or more Mbit on a phone should be pretty much good for anything anyone has to do with a phone.

Jacksonville fl is getting LTE. I can't wait till its widespread.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356203319692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356203319692.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 482

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
That looks like ATT.. Which is fast no doubt but capped. Either capped where you pay more once you go over or you are grandfathered on their "unlimited" and get throttled after 5GB. But they will always be faster so not sure why the brag post?

Either way 10 or more Mbit on a phone should be pretty much good for anything anyone has to do with a phone.

Jacksonville fl is getting LTE. I can't wait till its widespread.

No, it's Bell Mobility, here in Calgary Alberta....where the test ran from. I'm pretty sure it isn't capped up here.....they would LOVE me to go over my 12GB/month that I have shared between two phones so I can pay $10/MB....or $100/GB if you will.

Call it me being genuinely surprised that that is what is offered as LTE....I get those speeds when I lose LTE signal and get bumped down to H+....

I can tell the difference between my H+ speeds and LTE speeds. I can usually tell without looking when I'm not on H+...whether you want to believe 10Mbps is "fast enough" or not. Webpage loads are dead giveaways for me.

@JihadJoe it could be a carrier network thing...I can't say for sure. They advertise Bell Mobility as Canada's Fastest LTE network....whether that's true or not...who knows :D

Can't say it's a whole lot of fun listening to you guys (generalizing people on this site) "brag" about your unlimited data all the time either ;) Streaming music all day every day, isn't an option for me in my work truck with no WiFi anywhere remotely close. It doesn't really matter that much...I have 16GB of music on at any given time.

There are carriers here that do offer unlimited voice/data plans and for quite a bit cheaper, but it only works if you are under their limited coverage inside city limits...and that's a deal breaker for me....I leave the city quite a bit and so I'm forced to stick with one of the "Big Three".

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I was in Reading, MA yesterday with some of my old coworkers...they were testing speeds and I figured I'd give it a go. I averaged 60ms ping time, 26mbps down, 15 mbps up. That was outstanding...and then a few hours later, I was back in southern NH rockin' a 40kbps connection.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok - time for a dumb question:
I noticed that your icon actually says "LTE" at the top of the screen. If/when I travel to an LTE area, I just see an icon that says "4G". My speeds run around 8-15 Mbps. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the exact same question

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't say it's a whole lot of fun listening to you guys (generalizing people on this site) "brag" about your unlimited data all the time either ;) Streaming music all day every day, isn't an option for me in my work truck with no WiFi anywhere remotely close. It doesn't really matter that much...I have 16GB of music on at any given time.

Sorry it looked like lte speeds. Either way we only quote our unlimited data because people usually come in and brag about how fast they are compared to Sprint's network... But sprint is going for being the fastest and they couldn't even if they tried in my opinion.

Sprint has always been know for their slow data speeds. Any carrier can beat them usually so.. It's not a surprise. However we get people that are always for some reason shocked that we only get "decent" speeds as they call them. And that's when we say we'll its fully unlimited so.. That's the trade off. I get some less speed for pure unlimited with no overages. And I'll take that because nothing you do on your phone will require more than 10Mbit. The song you play versus what I play won't play any faster.. It will be the same with 10+.

The only time you get a difference is downloading actual files. Then I agree a 50Mbit would be nice.. It would do it in way less time. But that's really it.

So yeah just wanted to explain why we quote the unlimited.. That's our tradeoff for tons of Speed. And also... We can brag about here it is the Sprint forum lol.. I could see your argument if I ran over to the att section and made a post saying stuff like "oh you guys are faster but im unlimited.. Ha!"... But we don't. We only quote it here because for some reason people come to the Sprint section and bash us.. Which has always confused me.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol I get about 30mb down lol on sprint. I have the best of both good speed and unlimited :D;):beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Adam G

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had 4G at work (LAX) for a little while now and have been impressed. Now I have it at home in Torrance, CA and ran a test to see how fast it is. I know it's new and the more people who start using it will slow it down. I just want to see other Sprint customers' results.

I've never seen faster than 12mbps down in Chicago. Once I hit 20 in Boston.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
These are all with Wi-Fi off...

medapapu.jpg

jyty2yjy.jpg

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
No, it's Bell Mobility, here in Calgary Alberta....where the test ran from. I'm pretty sure it isn't capped up here.....they would LOVE me to go over my 12GB/month that I have shared between two phones so I can pay $10/MB....or $100/GB if you will.

Call it me being genuinely surprised that that is what is offered as LTE....I get those speeds when I lose LTE signal and get bumped down to H+....

I can tell the difference between my H+ speeds and LTE speeds. I can usually tell without looking when I'm not on H+...whether you want to believe 10Mbps is "fast enough" or not. Webpage loads are dead giveaways for me.

@JihadJoe it could be a carrier network thing...I can't say for sure. They advertise Bell Mobility as Canada's Fastest LTE network....whether that's true or not...who knows :D

There are carriers here that do offer unlimited voice/data plans and for quite a bit cheaper, but it only works if you are under their limited coverage inside city limits...and that's a deal breaker for me....I leave the city quite a bit and so I'm forced to stick with one of the "Big Three".

I think in most places bell mobility is 2x2 on 10+10 MHz, but in a few places it is deployed on 15+15 MHz, which is presently the fastest LTE carrier in North America as a whole (US carriers presently top out at 2x2 on 10+10, and sprint is 2x2 on 5+5). This will likely change at some point.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

LTE can be deployed in as little as 1.4 MHz SISO, by the way, which would be considerably slower than almost any HSPA+ network there is. The technology itself is still LTE, just not using as much spectrum.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc