Why does my new phone key randomly restarting?

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone doesn't shut down, then reatarts....... I can be in the middle of something, usually surfing the web on Dolphin broker, and it will just go blank, then the restart or power up screen willows and it reboot it's self.

WTF?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone doesn't shut down, then reatarts....... I can be in the middle of something, usually surfing the web on Dolphin broker, and it will just go blank, then the restart or power up screen willows and it reboot it's self.

WTF?

Does this only happen when using dolphin? If so, try going to menu/manage apps/ find the dolphin browser in the list and clear data. If that doesn't help remove and reinstall it.

If you phone randomly restarts when not using dolphin browser I would do a factory reset. menu/system settings/back up and reset/factory data reset. This will reset your phone to factory settings and you will have to set up your phone and reinstall the apps.

If you're still having the problem, take the phone back to where you got it. Something is wrong with it.

Again, if it is only happening with dolphin, then its the app and not the phone.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I took my phone in and the tech guy at the Sprint store thought it was the flash light app I was using. Well it was not because a week later I'm back in the store with the same problem. So now theft are telling me it's a software issue and that I need to replace the phone. In order for me to do so, because I do not have insurance which is 10.00 a month(120.00 a year) I will have to spend 50.00 for a replacement. Or I can go through Samsung since it's still under warranty and get a free one, but I'll have to mail them mine and a replacement will take at least ten days to get sent back to me.

So, today I am just going to go and give them 50.00 of mg hard earned money for a phone that is still under warranty. Lovely.

A BIG FUQ TO SPRINT AND SAMSUNG!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You should call them instead of going in. My past experience says they will replace it for you.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I did call them. They will not just replace it.

Actually, I went back and reread this post. I'm going to take Skunkape60's advice. I uninstalled Dolphin browser and am now using Chrome. I remember now that it only does this when using Dolphin.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait it is still under the Sprint warranty also and they want you to pay? If so, I would be talking to the retention department.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you try the things that Skunk suggested? If not, blame yourself for forking over $50, not Sprint or Samsung. Phone resets like this are almost always caused by some software you've installed. If it still does it after a factory reset, with no 3rd party apps installed, it's the phone. If it only does it after you've installed some apps, well.....

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the things that Skunk suggested? If not, blame yourself for forking over $50, not Sprint or Samsung. Phone resets like this are almost always caused by some software you've installed. If it still does it after a factory reset, with no 3rd party apps installed, it's the phone. If it only does it after you've installed some apps, well.....

That exactly what I did, now my phones working fine, so for.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So if it's still good after a few days, start adding apps back, one or two at a time. When it starts rebooting again, you know it's one of the last couple of apps causing it.
Are you using any kind of task manager, memory optimizer, or battery saver app? Those tend to cause more problems than they solve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781