iPhone has 4G LTE but S3 doesn't

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick question. My brothers iPhone 5 has 4G LTE already but my Galaxy S3 doesn't. Does anyone know why this is? I checked the LTE maps for sprint and it shows no LTE coverage in our area.

Thanks in advance

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a possibility that Sprint is working on the network. In my area when I first got my S3, their coverage map didn't show LTE service in my areayet. I was picking up LTE. Have make sure that your network settings were set to LTE/CDMA mode?

Sent From The Galaxy SIII

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your brothers iPhone 5 shows LTE since it always looks for it. The galaxy s3 can be set to CDMA only (3g) or CDMA / LTE mode (3g or 4g... Which by the way as an additional note your galaxy won't say LTE like his iPhone 5. It will show 4g).

Go to Settings > more settings > mobile networks > and ensure that it shows CDMA / LTE as your connection type (like mine below in the screenshot.) if it says CDMA only just change it (it will require a reboot) and you should be good.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357534830591.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357534830591.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 83

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Your brothers iPhone 5 shows LTE since it always looks for it. The galaxy s3 can be set to CDMA only (3g) or CDMA / LTE mode (3g or 4g... Which by the way as an additional note your galaxy won't say LTE like his iPhone 5. It will show 4g).

Go to Settings > more settings > mobile networks > and ensure that it shows CDMA / LTE as your connection type (like mine below in the screenshot.) if it says CDMA only just change it (it will require a reboot) and you should be good.

Let us know how it goes.

Yea I changed it last night and yea I have 4G on Clearwater Beach, Florida :D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea I changed it last night and yea I have 4G on Clearwater Beach, Florida :D

Nice. Enjoy you lucky little... :D

I just keep telling myself soon.. We have it some in Jacksonville.. But Jacksonville is just so huge (land mass wise) that it's taking them awhile. :(

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Enjoy you lucky little... :D

I just keep telling myself soon.. We have it some in Jacksonville.. But Jacksonville is just so huge (land mass wise) that it's taking them awhile. :(

That sucks. The Tampa Bay area has LTE also because i am in St. Petersburg (University of South Florida St. Petersburg) and there is spotty LTE around here.

But it will come to the Jacksonville area soon enough. I was told that LTE would have been in the Tampa Bay area before december 2012 but it was delayed.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. The Tampa Bay area has LTE also because i am in St. Petersburg (University of South Florida St. Petersburg) and there is spotty LTE around here.

But it will come to the Jacksonville area soon enough. I was told that LTE would have been in the Tampa Bay area before december 2012 but it was delayed.

I live in Nokomis, Fl., and i guess you know where that is. I have 4G LTE, and so does all of Sarasota County(if you're with AT&T).
P.S. Two of my kids are USF grads. Go Bulls.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I had to look up Nokomis, FL and its closer to Fort Lauderdale (a little too south for me lol) also I think Sarasota had LTE for a while. and go bulls |_| (<-- supposed to look like the bulls logo)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they are trying... So I'm happy it's coming :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357604192287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357604192287.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 136

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I had to look up Nokomis, FL and its closer to Fort Lauderdale (a little too south for me lol) also I think Sarasota had LTE for a while. and go bulls |_| (<-- supposed to look like the bulls logo)

Nokomis is in Sarasota County, just north of Venice. AT&T is rocking 4G LTE here.:p

thesheepdog

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Dunno about that. I am right between orlando and daytona and Im lucky to get 3G. I needed an airave to get any signal at all. My chances at LTE are probably nil