Issue with downloading and updating apps on my home network

longballlumber

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I did some searching and found some threads discussing download issues, but I didn?t find any that matched my issue. Here is my scenario.

When I am in my home and connected to my wireless network (DSL and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router). I also have a Sprint Airave device in the house as well. My GS3 and my wife?s GS3 won?t update current apps nor will it download any new apps. We both can surf the web fine without issues. If I ?forget? the wireless connection and go back to OTA, it will then allow us to update apps and download new apps. If I leave the house and connect to a different open WiFi network everything is fine.

All of this leads me to my wireless network, but everything in the house works fine. Several laptops, PS3, Wii? etc?

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The play store has a help section. I found this: Troubleshooting Download Issues - Google Play Help The items below might be worth looking at.

Try your download(s) using both wireless and cellular network connections, and ensure firewalls aren?t blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).

Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
Tab over to "All"
Select the Google Play Store app, and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

longballlumber

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
meyerweb,

Thanks for the quick response and the link to Google troubleshooting. I have tried to clear the cache and data for both Google Play Store app and the Download manager to no avail. I still can not update or download new apps over my wireless connection. However, it will update/download over the 3G data network. I am not sure how any firewalls would be stopping downloads as I haven't made any changes (software/hardware) to my wireless network since getting the phone. I wonder if my Sprint Airave device has anything to do with the issue we are seeing...

Thanks
Mike

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
meyerweb,

Thanks for the quick response and the link to Google troubleshooting. I have tried to clear the cache and data for both Google Play Store app and the Download manager to no avail. I still can not update or download new apps over my wireless connection. However, it will update/download over the 3G data network. I am not sure how any firewalls would be stopping downloads as I haven't made any changes (software/hardware) to my wireless network since getting the phone. I wonder if my Sprint Airave device has anything to do with the issue we are seeing...

Thanks
Mike

Also clear data for google framework.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can't hurt to check the firewall settings, just to be sure.

I've never used and airrave, so I can't comment there. But you could disconnect it and see if that makes a difference.

kindagetit

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Mike,

I am having the exact same issue with my Galaxy Tab. However, I only have wi-fi on it so I cant even try to download using 3G.

Couple of other strange things: I can download and update just fine in the Samsung App store. It is only the Google play store that I have issues with. Also, since I have had the Airave connected, I connect watch YouTube videos when connected to my home network. Do you have this same issue also?

I have contacted the Play store help desk and they have NO solution.

Have you found a fix yet?