"Double tap and then swipe screen" how to remove?

Dkelley2001

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My son has somehow changed the setting son his Samsung Galaxy S3 so that he gets the message "Double tap and then swipe screen to unlock" This setting is annoying enough, but you also have to double tap to get any application to open or to enter a letter while texting. It is also very difficult to scroll since you have to double tap and hold each time. I have looked at every setting and can not find a way to change this. Does anyone have any idea how to get back to the original setting? I am close to doing a hard reset, but would really like to find the solution.

Thanks

Dkelley2001

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
He's set something in accessibility options, under settings. Is his phone talking to him, too?

Meyerweb

You are exactly right. I found it late last night. Under accessibility options there is a something like "Talk Back". I unchecked that and we are back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

holily

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
How did you get to accesaries to cancel the talk back if you can't unlock the phone? I am double tapping and swiping and nothing is happening. Where do you double tap? On the top or on the screen?

Patrt

May 23, 2013
Visit site
My phone is in talk back mode... I double tap all over the phone and swiped all over the phone but it just would not unlock so i can take it off.

otaku

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured this out? I can no longer unlock my phone. Double tapping and swiping is useless. The entire phone is now useless.

otaku

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is the "Explore by Touch" feature. When it says "swipe" it means *use two fingers to swipe*. You can scroll this way too. To select items (buttons, check boxes) tap first to select, then double tap to select.

fedup1949

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi how can I get out of the nexus 7 talkback please. have tried everything for several hours.
I can't get into the settings to switch it off!

benikincaid

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
My phone is doing the same thing, however when I go to settings, I cannot scroll to the next screen to find "accessibility options." When I try to scroll, it keeps opening the last option instead of scrolling to the next page. It also says I'm viewing 1 - 7 of 14. I need to get to 8 - 14.

Peddi Anudeep

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
it is really working!!

step1: use 2 fingers to move the screen then we can unlock.
step2: go to setting(use 2 fingers for the screen to move).
step3: go to accessibility --> services --> TALKBACK.
step4: OFF the talkback option

does it work..:cool:

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
This killed me for so long until i figured it out, meyer is absolutely right on everything. To swipe/switch screens/unlock, on the 2nd tap after selecting is when you swipe. So tap once to choose, then double tap, but on that 2nd tap is when you swipe. Pattern locks suck if this gets turned on. I always turn it on for the demo phones in the stores :D

patricks3rd

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, the driver mode thing is on, (touch screen voice?), as w/other poster, my phone is talking, double tapping required, cannot easily, if at all scroll and the screen is locked. Has message: double tap and then swipe the screen to unlock. It will NOT unlock, ugh. I tried restarting and powering off, it just came back to that same annoying screen. I cannot unlock it to get to any settings.

I am new to smart phone as previous was older blackberry. I still have few days to return this phone. I don't really need all these whistles and bells, certainly many functions are nice but this is very discouraging. Thank you for your time and any assistance you can offer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol