EC TECHNOLOGY 2300mAh Li-ion Battery review

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: The review and testing of this battery has ended. It did provide a little extra juice. For $10 it was great. I will not be checking this thread again.

Had this battery for about a week now. So far so good, seems like I'm getting more use out of it. It doesnt seem to heat up as much as the original one.
Amazon.com: EC TECHNOLOGY(TM) 2300mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-I9300 , T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999 , AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747 , Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535 , U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530 ,
Here are some pictures.
qejemahe.jpg

u8aqypyg.jpg

qejusuby.jpg

with overnight

ehuvuse4.jpg

za8ujazy.jpg

avydumej.jpg

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
go ya. well, im happy with my gs3. it would be cool to get the galaxy note, but its too damn big to fit in my pocket.

Don't get me wrong, I still love playing with my gs3 but when it comes to going out and not worrying about carrying a charger or battery pack, the gn2 can't be beat. :thumbup:

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So far every night I have about 20-30% left after a full day of use. I also compared this with the battery that came with the phone by using it for a few days. The result is that the original battery has about 10% or less of charge left by the end of the day So far, this has been a very good battery.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for an extended battery that wouldn't double the size of my phone, and this looks like it'd work great.. But from what I understand, you would have to remove the EC battery from the phone to charge it? Or am I reading too far into it?

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for an extended battery that wouldn't double the size of my phone, and this looks like it'd work great.. But from what I understand, you would have to remove the EC battery from the phone to charge it? Or am I reading too far into it?

I'm pretty sure this will not double your batter life, just give it a little extra juice. If you want to double your battery, then get the 4000+ thick battery.
This, ec battery, works just like original, so no need to take it out for charging

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
is this an extended battery? or just a replacement?

Depends on your definition. It's the standard physical size battery, so it doesn't need a new back, case, or other accessories. But it claims to be 2300 mA capacity, as opposed to the stock battery's 2100 mA capacity. Assuming the claim is accurate, that's a 9.5% increase in capacity and, presumably, a 9.5% increase in battery life per charge.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
its a replacement extended battery. fits into the phone with stock cover without a problem.
so far i have gotten good results with it. i have ordered the samsung 3000mah battery, so im excited to see how long that lasts.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
stas333 ? where did you order the Samsung official 3000mah battery? I saw ebay, but figured if there were other options (cheaper?). When you receive your 3000mah, can you please post pictures of before and after? I would like to see how much thicker it gets.