Notifications screen on

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The problem I'm having is that whenever I get Text notification it wakes my screen. I'm using the default messenger. I don't want it to do that but I can't figure out how to stop it. Is there any way?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That did nothing. The screen still wakes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sounds like you have another app installed that is turning your screen on when you receive a message.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Haven't a clue how to turn off the screen waking up from a text message. How do you turn that off? The text message application (stock), which boxes are check? I don't see anything mentioning about screen waking up.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
In the stock app settings go to the notification settings and uncheck the box to receive notifications.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk 2.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any third party application installed for texting or anything. I'm bone stock.

If it isn't to much trouble. Could you screen shot what you are mentioning.

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to be using Light Flow?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the preview option checked in the notifications settings? If the phone is showing you a preview of the message it will turn on the phone

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Damn, that sucks. I need to be rooted to get rid of "screen on" notification. Why are other phone users not having this issue and they're bone stock too?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to get ride of the pop-ups, without rooting, but using Handcent or another SMS app. Handcent (and others) are free, so give one of these apps a try. Make sure to turn off all notifications in the stock messaging app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech