Volume Hack- Does it work with this phone?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are there any volume hacks (non-root) that will work with the Sprint version of this phone?
I tried the volume + 2.0 but it doesnt seem to like my phone.

Any suggestions? Or will I have to root it.....
Thanks in advance.:eek:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Volume hack is the most common. If nobody else provides a solution you might be rooting.

I'm surprised to hear of volume complaints, my wife's Sprint SGSIII has nice crisp sound IMO compared to my Gnex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To be honest maybe its just me. I like a good solid ring, had it with my evo 4g, my wife's SGIII is pretty loud, maybe its just my phone.

I wasnt sure what version of the volume hack worked with the sprint version of the sgIII

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wasnt sure what version of the volume hack worked with the sprint version of the sgIII
Safe bet is go for the newest version possible. I've heard mixed results about volume hack on unrooted devices. Some say it works and others have seen no change.

As far as rooted devices, normally the devs from the bigger name ROMs go in and manually alter code to tweak the volume levels so Volume Hack and associated "root access' apps are not really necessary unless you want to fine tune it even further.

Last thought if you feel the output of the speaker isn't good enough take a run by your local Sprint store or where ever you purchased it if you have the warranty and see if they will swap out the speaker for you. Its a 5-10 min job literally and many times they have the speaker part in stock at authorized in house repair stores.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci