Sprint GS3 drop calls after 4.1 upgrade

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with my GS3. Since the upgrade to 4.1 a few months ago I have been having way too many dropped calls. It's to the point that I'm thinking of switching phones or carriers. The problem is that some times I can be in the middle of a call and then all of a sudden everything goes silent as if the phone has been muted. When I look at the display the timer is still ticking and it appears the call is still connected but I can't hear the other person nor can they hear me. It does not matter if I initiate the call or someone calls me. I took it to Sprint but of course they don't want to look at it because I don't pay for the insurance. I just wanted to know if anybody else has noticed this problem? Please share any comments or suggestions.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This obviously isn't a common problem with 4.1, or the forum would be full of posts like this.

As is stated in every thread about problem post the JB OTA: a factory reset almost always fixes problems that began as a result of the upgrade.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm very frustrated with my GS3. Since the upgrade to 4.1 a few months ago I have been having way too many dropped calls. It's to the point that I'm thinking of switching phones or carriers. The problem is that some times I can be in the middle of a call and then all of a sudden everything goes silent as if the phone has been muted. When I look at the display the timer is still ticking and it appears the call is still connected but I can't hear the other person nor can they hear me. It does not matter if I initiate the call or someone calls me. I took it to Sprint but of course they don't want to look at it because I don't pay for the insurance. I just wanted to know if anybody else has noticed this problem? Please share any comments or suggestions.

This obviously isn't a common problem with 4.1, or the forum would be full of posts like this.

As is stated in every thread about problem post the JB OTA: a factory reset almost always fixes problems that began as a result of the upgrade.

Didn't mean to thank the post.. Oh well.

Pretty much what meyerweb said is true. I used to have the same problem as you DROID.. But it stopped after awhile. This is a Sprint issue not a update issue. Is network vision going on in your area?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, network vision is going on in my area. Starting to see 4G LTE in some areas of my town. I will try the factory reset and see if that works. Thanks for your comments.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, network vision is going on in my area. Starting to see 4G LTE in some areas of my town. I will try the factory reset and see if that works. Thanks for your comments.

I've already done this. I believe it's a network issue. Mine was horrible for about 2 weeks but now my phone is working like normal. Calls are fine and also people can hear me.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol