Google maps...

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to clear history in Google maps... I've tried everything that I can read online but to no avail..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah skunk I did... Even have the Google maps checked and still nothing... I've tried everything

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've uninstalled updates and cleared everything in app manager still nothing

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Go to Google Maps on your computer, Select MyPlaces and it will bring up the places you searched and checked in at. Click the pull down arrow by the date and click delete.

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well that didn't work either.. The searches on my phone aren't all there just a few of them...

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why Google makes it so difficult... Should be long press and option for delete... Simple

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You have to go to their website on a physical computer, log in, then you can delete everything. However, it does NOT clear the list when you are on the Layers menu. Maybe clearing cache does that. To solve it for the most part (for whatever reason, things still show on the layers menu), I set it not to save my history. The tracking of where I'd been each day, while interesting, was kinda creepy. You could possibly log out as well (from Google Play) then there wouldn't be an account to save anything to. Haven't tried this approach though.

Oh, if you just have coordinates on your map searches, checking to see what it was just adds it back to the list at the top of the history.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why Google makes it so difficult... Should be long press and option for delete... Simple

Same for seeing your browser history. Why should you have to go to a website?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Open google maps on your phone. Hit the menu key and choose settings/ offline and cache/ Clear my places cache. That should do it.....but no promises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz