wifi goes off when the phone goes idle

killa2dahead

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
ive noticed that recently when my phone has its screen off and has been idle for a while that i get disconnected from my wifi router but then reconnected again when i use my phone for like 5 sec. whats up with this? i have a sprint gs3 with 4.1.1

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Goto settings>wireless & networks click menu goto advanced and set the wifi sleep policy too never go off when asleep it's meant to save battery but is super annoying

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Like the post above said you can it by going to settings > tap on your wifi (like if you were looking to select your network) > menu then advanced. Option is there.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I swear I need to reinstall this app... Doesn't always let me add photo lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360622557581.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360622557581.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 28

jlj93byu

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! It helped fix mine as well.

Will this indeed affect battery life? Have you noticed any difference or is the difference negligible?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! It helped fix mine as well.

Will this indeed affect battery life? Have you noticed any difference or is the difference negligible?

You should be fine. It should actually help to since you be connecting and disconnecting from WiFi constantly every time you go to use your phone.

ryshawncul

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
i am not one of the pros on this site but i did have this samw problem with my data connection leaving anytime my phone screen would shut off there is an app if you have put go launcher on your phone it shuts off all data to save power called go power master in this app if you have it on your phone or any other power saving mod is probly where you need to check forthese settings

JHREED

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am sorry, I cannot find WiFi advance setting on my S3. My firmware version is 4.1.2

Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I am sorry, I cannot find WiFi advance setting on my S3. My firmware version is 4.1.2

Thanks,

uannou

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same problem. I went to advanced wifi settings and did the option that the above said but it still happens? What should I do? Thanks

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Another little trick is to disable wifi power saving mode. Open your dialer and input: *#0011# then press the menu key, and choose wifi, then tap the little button that says "on", it'll restart wifi and the power save mode will be disabled. I'm not exactly sure what the power saving mode does, but it doesn't say "preparing network" as often as it used to.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Thats my problem to
Your Wi-Fi screen looks different than mine, but you can try pressing the Menu button, select Advanced and look for an option named 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' - set it to 'Always'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Mohamed14

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The problem is not fixed Wi-Fi
The problem is that my phone's Wi-Fi can not search for points of distribution of Wi-Fi

Please solution if possible ...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that my phone's Wi-Fi can not search for points of distribution of Wi-Fi
You're saying that no Wi-Fi access points are listed, or that you can't connect to any of the ones that are listed?

Did Wi-Fi ever work correctly?
Does the Wi-Fi icon show up in the Status bar? (I didn't see it in your screenshot.) If so, how many bars (curved lines) are shown?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae