Your Way to Update to MA6

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
SO Skunk.... if I do the steps you said in the PM (flash to stock rooted), can I DL MA6 and flash it once you post it for CWM?! (hopefully tomorrow!)

If and when it comes, it will come much like what I sent you. You will just flash it in recovery. You can just stay on what your running now and when and if it is released as a Rom, you can just flash it. But at this point I haven't seen it even being discussed.

COOKtheKILLA

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Skunk,

I'm sure you already know this but here is freeza's download page: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing freeza

If I'm on CM10.1 and cwm recovery, can I use any of these to update the modem? I wouldn't mind going through the process of reverting back to stock rom/recovery but can't find a clear guide on how to do so. Any help is appreciated as always.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Skunk, if a CWM version doesn't come, could we just flash or odin the stock recovery, then flash this prerooted update, then reflash CWM?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
And to carry that question further, will the factory reset remove all my downloaded apps? Or just any data? I know that wiping cache and dalvik is going to wipe the profiles, i.e. I will have to sign back into everything.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
And to carry that question further, will the factory reset remove all my downloaded apps? Or just any data? I know that wiping cache and dalvik is going to wipe the profiles, i.e. I will have to sign back into everything.

Wiping dalvik and cache will not cause any issues and you won't need to sign in or setup anything. It will only cause the updating apps at the startup. Factory reset will remove your downloaded apps and you will have to setup all your account. Like I said try doing a dirty flash first and don't do the factory reset. This will be completely painless. But if you do have issues (most likely you won't) then do the factory reset.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'll wait until the weekend, then, so I have plenty of time to restore all my apps and data if needed. Actually, I'll probably wait at least a few days to make sure this update doesn't have a bunch of bugs just waiting to be discovered.

Thanks skunk.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question - odexed is the "factory" setup , correct? People de-odex separately?

Not a stupid question. Odex is the way the stock ROM is packaged and built...yes it is the way stock ROMs come from the factory, sts. A developer may repackage the apk files a certain way (Deodex) so he can theme a custom ROM. Most people don't need deodexed versions.

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not a stupid question. Odex is the way the stock ROM is packaged and built...yes it is the way stock ROMs come from the factory, sts. A developer may repackage the apk files a certain way (Deodex) so he can theme a custom ROM. Most people don't need deodexed versions.

That's what I thought, thanks. I can't seem to keep the two terms straight in my head - not one of those "important" things to me, I guess. :)

And "stupid" only in that I could have looked it up...but thanks nonetheless.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
will this work with wicked jellybesn rom v1.3 ?

Quoirad is correct. This is packaged as a complete Rom and it will overwrite your custom Rom. If you want to stay with your custom Rom you will have to wait for the dev to update it. There is no other way.

Since the dev just put out an update, he may choose to wait for a more significant update and just skip this one.

If you are talking about wicked sensations jellybean, do you realize he has updated it to 2.0 almost 2 weeks ago?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463