New features in 4.1.2

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I happen to love the bezel zoom... I hope someone can preserve this function.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When opening the app, the first thing I noticed was a pop up about Burst shots, then afterwards I noticed the autofocus box looks a little different too.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received the update yet on my SIII. So for alll of you who have gotten it, this definitely is not the "premium suite" update that's been rumored about for the last couple of months?

Just more of a maintenance update?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I notice that the driving mode is finally working with 4.1.2, it would work a few times a week, now it reads out all of my texts and incoming calls.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I went from Gingerbread on my Epic to JellyBean on my SG3, so I never saw ICS (LF9), but it appears from the online Sprint User Guide that the Settings/Display/Gyroscope Calibration is gone now? Anybody else know where it might be if not there?
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...0_Galaxy_S_III_English_User_Manual_LF9_F8.pdf

It's still there in 4.1.2, Settings->Motion->Sensitivity Settings

- - - Updated - - -

I notice that the driving mode is finally working with 4.1.2, it would work a few times a week, now it reads out all of my texts and incoming calls.

Where is driving mode?

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the OTA update. I received notifications about it from Sprint Zone but when I tap on it there is nothing there. At least my Nexus 7 got it's 4.2.2 update last week.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Super Dave426, I'm going to hazard a guess based on your sig that this update does not break root access?

If you're rooted, the OTA won't work at all. Follow the direction in the second post of this thread to apply the update: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/252327-your-way-update-ma6.html
This is correct, I used this method to update, just didn't perform the third wipe as stated in the posts referring to a dirty update.

Last edited:

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If you're rooted, the OTA won't work at all. Follow the direction in the second post of this thread to apply the update: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/252327-your-way-update-ma6.html

Here's a stupid question that maybe you can answer. I am perfectly happy with 4.1.1, as 4.1.2 seems to have eliminated things that I like that I liked, i.e. bezel zoom. With that being said, I remember from my old epic 4g w/Keyboard days if an OTA came , you had to do the update, although there was an app you could DL called something like "fota kill"? to stop the the reminder pop up to update.

If I root therefore making my phone not being able to update, I wonder if I would continue to get the OTA update popup reminder like I did in the past. A little premature since I have not gotten the OTA, but thought I would ask what your thoughts were.

Yes, I am one of the few that would prefer to skip some updates, or only do the updates I want, especially if everything works perfectly now - if its not broke, don't fix it mentality.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone noticing battery issues with 4.1.2? I know someone mentioned earlier that they noticed increased battery drain and I am seeing that too but what I'm also seeing is when I plug in the charger, the phone charges much slower since the 4.1.2 update. When on previous firmware versions the Galaxy S3 would take about an hour to maybe an hour and half at the most to charge but it seems since the 4.1.2 update it only charges 50% in the same amount of time. I've tried doing a factory reset and that didn't fix the issue. I will contact Samsung tomorrow to discuss it with their support team.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma