Repeating SMS bug\

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So this has happened to me enough that I think it's a bug, though I'm not sure if it's a bug in iMessage (the iPhone messaging system), the Sprint network or my SGS3. It seems like whenever someone sends me multiple text messages (or a long text message that needs to be split up), I will get them all, but then the first message (or first part) will come to me a second time at the end. I don't have a lot of people sending text messages, and all the folks who text me with any regularity use iPhones...and this is where the uncertainty of the source comes from. Is this an iPhone thing? Or does this happen to other people using Android or "dumb phone" SMS? I use the stock messaging system on my S3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Regardless...the question wasn't answered. Does it have to do with iPhone, Sprint, the stock messenger or something else?

Not a clue because this doesn't happen for me. Come to think of it I haven't seen it at all.. I've sometimes seen messages out of order but not a duplicate of the same one. I do use a 3rd party message application (ChompSMS) so maybe that's why.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2