4.1.2 On GS3 On Sprint

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just received the update I see 4.1.2 but see no changes!!! No premium suite!! Will sprint get the premium suite????!!

Hate to tell you but premium suite has nothing to do with which version of android you are running as those features are Samsung feature. So I don't get how you feel ripped off. If you are not willing to wait root and flash a ROM that has those features baked in there are plenty out there.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Both my wife and I have GS3's... They are both rooted so we don't want the update anyway but mine was on there Tuesday night late and hers didn't pop up until this morning... we are both running the same ROM and are both on the same Sprint account so there does not appear to be any method to their madness.... The funny part is in all these years it's usually HER phone that gets the update notification first and mine is later.. this time around it was mine first and hers after.... Who knows....

So since you are rooted, and it seems maybe you are not on a stock rom? did it do the update or not - and if not, do you get reminders to do so? Thanks!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So since you are rooted, and it seems maybe you are not on a stock rom? did it do the update or not - and if not, do you get reminders to do so? Thanks!

I am running a stock ROM with custom theme.... Skunkape walked me through how to get the notifications to stop... It worked like a charm once he walked me through it like twice... now I don't get the notifications anymore... Hope that helps.. hard for me to explain how to do it... I am not a newbie at Rooting and ROM's but I am by no means an expert who knows all the ins and outs...

bmdiz

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The wife and I have the same phone, Sprint Galaxy S3, unrooted, she just got 4.1.2 today. I didn't. Check for firmware update & Samsung update, ........ nothing. WTH?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The wife and I have the same phone, Sprint Galaxy S3, unrooted, she just got 4.1.2 today. I didn't. Check for firmware update & Samsung update, ........ nothing. WTH?
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the order the update rolls out, but we know it's gradual.

Mine updated last night, I honestly can's see any changes.

There are a number of changes, but they're not immediately obvious: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/252556-new-features-4-1-2-a.html

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update in Los Angeles a few hours ago. Immediately after installation I was surprised to see a second update was available. The second update was much smaller. Can't comment on premium suite since I don't know what that is. So far everything works but I'm checking for changes. All I know is that I now have Android version 4.1.2. I'll have to re-read the "New features in 4.1.2" thread.

Last edited:

bmdiz

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update in Los Angeles a few hours ago. Immediately after installation I was surprised to see a second update was available. The second update was much smaller. Can't comment on premium suite since I don't know what that is. So far everything works but I'm checking for changes. All I know is that I now have Android version 4.1.2. I'll have to re-read the "New features in 4.1.2" thread.

Thanks. Post if you notice any changes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No update here. In fact, I called Sprint and (maybe I got the dumbest rep) was told that they don't know of any updates after the 4.1.1 / LJ7. All I was told of the SmartSuite update is that Sprint is in talks with Samsung because of some "problems".

rinkrat19

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I got 4.1.2 the other day and I haven't noticed anything improved. Several things I don't like, however:

• Bezel zooming is gone (why not make it optional?)
  • Scrolling around is now fixed up-down/left-right, no longer free-scrolling all over the screen.
  • ^---These two basically make it impossible to browse the web holding the phone in one hand.
  • Stock email app (not gmail) keeps displaying deleted email. The email is still on the server, but I've deleted it on my phone. Now there are up to 100 new emails showing every time the email refreshes. They disappear sometimes...but always come back.
  • Not entirely sure yet, but battery life seems to have suffered. Especially when signal strength is poor. I was a in bar with a crappy signal for all of 2 1/2 hours and had to put the phone in airplane mode because it was hot to the touch and had sucked more than half of the battery.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No update here. In fact, I called Sprint and (maybe I got the dumbest rep) was told that they don't know of any updates after the 4.1.1 / LJ7. All I was told of the SmartSuite update is that Sprint is in talks with Samsung because of some "problems".

Yes, you certainly got a dumb rep, but that seems to describe most first tier reps, for any company in any industry. But even if you got one who knew about the two recent updates, they wouldn't be able to tell you when you'll get it. That's all in the hands of some mysterious software algorithm running on Sprint's servers somewhere.