How do I get to MA6...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm already running the MA6 firmware, but I want the full package (the bug/security fixes). I am rooted + running a custom ROM (Liquid Smooth- Android 4.2.2). Would I need to flash the MA6 ROM in Skunkape's thread (post #2), and then flash my custom ROM again? I'm just a bit confused lol :/

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you do that, you'll just be back to where you are now. Your custom ROM will overwrite the MA6 ROM.

But MA6 is just Android 4.1.2. You're already on 4.2.2. What do you think MA6 will give you?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Those are bug and security fixes from the previous factory OS version, which you are not running. Most likely (but not necessarily), the OS you're running already has those bugs fixed...that's part of the advantage to being able to install custom ROMs on a rooted phone, you're able to run updated software well before the official updates are released by the carriers.

You may or may not experience bugs w/ Liquid Smooth, but running a factory update won't fix those...you would need an update to Liquid Smooth.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Those are bug and security fixes from the previous factory OS version, which you are not running. Most likely (but not necessarily), the OS you're running already has those bugs fixed...that's part of the advantage to being able to install custom ROMs on a rooted phone, you're able to run updated software well before the official updates are released by the carriers.

You may or may not experience bugs w/ Liquid Smooth, but running a factory update won't fix those...you would need an update to Liquid Smooth.

Ohh shoot. So I guess I'll just stick with MA6 firmware. Thanks for clearing that up!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Think of it like this...

You buy a car, and after a few weeks, you notice the engine just doesn't run well -- sometimes when you press on the accelerator it stalls out, other times when you hit the brakes it revs too high, and other times it just shuts off for no good reason. You take your car to mechanic and they completely replace the engine with a different one (yes, I know this isn't exactly a common thing to do, but bear with me). So, a month later, you see that your car manufacturer has released a recall for certain parts in your old engine, which you still have sitting in your garage...so you could go back to your mechanic, have him replace your old engine and fix the recalled parts, OR keep the new engine you already installed that doesn't have any of the problems the recall is designed to fix. Either way, you can't run both and anything you fix the old engine won't change anything if you put the new one back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC