Screen cracks

mcguillicudy58

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, this may have been discussed before, but I'm new to this forum. I have only had my S3 for under 3 months- I was getting out of the car the other night and my phone fell a very short distance. Needless to say, when I picked it up, the screen was cracked at the top. I was fortunate it was only at the top and the device is still completely usable. I have read other forums where the first thing people say is "how could you drop your phone"- most of us know that it happens. I have dropped other phones with touch screens and have never had this happen. Sprint refered me to their insurance (which I have) and for $150, I can get a new phone. I just paid $250 at upgrade time in Dec for the one I have now. My point after my mild rant is, for such an expensive phone the screen should be tougher. When I have my HTC Evo-Shift, this never happened.

I opted for a $22 Otter box to protect the phone and with it on you can barely see the crack at all.

Anyone else think the screen needs to to be tougher?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The glass of the S3 is as good as you'll find: Gorilla Glass.

The simple truth is that the screen on any phone can crack. It all depends on how it hits. I'd be very surprised in no one has broken the screen on an Evo shift.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante