INT'L S3 Getting 4.2.1 "soon"- How long till we get it?!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The answer is the same as the answer to the two dozen posters who asked the same questions about 4.1.2, and 4.1.1: No one here really knows. The original linked article says Samsung is still testing it. Until they've finished testing it, even they don't know when it will roll out. And then add in the carrier testing, and "when" is anyone's guess. Most people haven't even gotten 4.1.2 yet.

And there's no guarantee Sprint will include the Premium Suite features in 4.2, either. The rest of the world got them in 4.1.2. My bet is Sprint never puts Premium Suite onto the S3, reserving it for the S4 and Note.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The answer is the same as the answer to the two dozen posters who asked the same questions about 4.1.2, and 4.1.1: No one here really knows. The original linked article says Samsung is still testing it. Until they've finished testing it, even they don't know when it will roll out. And then add in the carrier testing, and "when" is anyone's guess. Most people haven't even gotten 4.1.2 yet.

And there's no guarantee Sprint will include the Premium Suite features in 4.2, either. The rest of the world got them in 4.1.2. My bet is Sprint never puts Premium Suite onto the S3, reserving it for the S4 and Note.

Are you freakin serious... I will be pissed.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm serious. I'm just guessing of course, but Sprint's got to give us all a reason to upgrade to their latest and greatest, and more expensive, phones, and lock us in for 2 more years.

But don't frown. The GS3 is really easy to root, and there are already 4.1.2 based ROMs with P.S. included.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm serious. I'm just guessing of course, but Sprint's got to give us all a reason to upgrade to their latest and greatest, and more expensive, phones, and lock us in for 2 more years.

But don't frown. The GS3 is really easy to root, and there are already 4.1.2 based ROMs with P.S. included.

Well I'm on a 4.2.2 ROM already so it's all good I guess hahaa ;)

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
But does it have any of the premium features?

This is how I look at it: I'm way ahead of the game for now, and while sure, I don't have any of the premium suite features I'm still on 4.2.2 and it's smooth as hell. And then once the official 4.2 hits our phones I will just switch to that and then boom I"ll be right where I am now, except I'll also have the premium suite features in addition! :)

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Which ROMS?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Look in the rooting section of the forum.

What good is having a GS3 if all you're going to do is stick an AOSP rom on it and lose the features that makes it a GS3?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
What good is having a GS3 if all you're going to do is stick an AOSP rom on it and lose the features that makes it a GS3?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

The only thing I actually use is the Direct Call feature which my AOSP ROM has :) smart stay, smart rotation, etc are all just gimmicks IMO. Half of the time they don't even work. And S-Beam is useful I guess.... but there's still always Android Beam too, so it doesn't really matter at all if you think about it lol.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I actually use is the Direct Call feature which my AOSP ROM has :) smart stay, smart rotation, etc are all just gimmicks IMO. Half of the time they don't even work. And S-Beam is useful I guess.... but there's still always Android Beam too, so it doesn't really matter at all if you think about it lol.

Pop up video, swipe for screen shots, voice control for apps always works.

I love being able to say "snooze" and have my phone listen to me in the morning. That always works.

If I didn't want that, I would have never gotten a galaxy s III, I'd probably have a droid DNA or one x or some other overrated phone

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly how often do you pop up video? I've had this phone since July and I honestly have used it less than 5 times lol. The whole part of an alarm for me is that it actually wakes me up, if I say snooze I'd just fall back asleep cuz I'm just that lazy lol. And voice control for apps meaning....?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Honestly how often do you pop up video? I've had this phone since July and I honestly have used it less than 5 times lol. The whole part of an alarm for me is that it actually wakes me up, if I say snooze I'd just fall back asleep cuz I'm just that lazy lol. And voice control for apps meaning....?

I use it quite often. Nice feature that should be on all phones.

And snooze only works for however many times or minutes you set it for, after that limit is gone its time to wake up

Voice control for apps meaning saying cheese, shoot, or capture to take a picture with the camera, saying play, next, previous, volume up, volume down, and pause to control the music player (I live this when washing dishes and my hands are all wet, very useful).

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it quite often. Nice feature that should be on all phones.

And snooze only works for however many times or minutes you set it for, after that limit is gone its time to wake up

Voice control for apps meaning saying cheese, shoot, or capture to take a picture with the camera, saying play, next, previous, volume up, volume down, and pause to control the music player (I live this when washing dishes and my hands are all wet, very useful).

I guess to each his own then lol. I never used any of that, I'm not that lazy where I can't just click a button to take a picture..