Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the MB1 update
New voicemail
3 digit sms support
Calendar sync issues
3rd party software licensing
New modem
This is a 3mb download and is a fix for a overheating issue with MA6.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a 3mb download and is a fix for a overheating issue with MA6.

Does MB1 have any other improvements? I haven't had MA6 long enough to know whats different between the two and so far there is nothing on the Sprint Blog re: the update.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Does MB1 have any other improvements? I haven't had MA6 long enough to know whats different between the two and so far there is nothing on the Sprint Blog re: the update.

I said in the op what the difference is.

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I think it's also the premium suite update as well. I checked my camera app and it has the best face feature... So this is the update we been waiting for.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I said in the op what the difference is.

Where did you get the info on that?

I think it's also the premium suite update as well. I checked my camera app and it has the best face feature... So this is the update we been waiting for.

MA6 has best face. Some at XDA have updated with no obvious changes. OS still says 4.1.2. The baseband (modem) and build number report MB1. :confused:

new.jpeg

I guess Sprint would be endangering national security to give us some info about these updates.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any overheating or other issues with MA6. If anything, my battery life is marginally better than before that update.

I haven't noticed any performance difference at all (4.1.1/4.1.2).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Well I have had major issues with MA6 including 1- overheating, 2- random rebooting, 3- lock screen notification bar getting stuck and unresponsive, 4- major keyboard lag when starting to type in any app. So far MB1 fixed all those issues. So yes... I for one definitely see a difference!

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the MB1 update
New voicemail
3 digit sms support
Calendar sync issues
3rd party software licensing

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I am rooted, I know that I can't do this update OTA, but how do i get rid of the annoying notification? Is there an app where I can turn off the notifications and it'll stop?

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I am rooted, I know that I can't do this update OTA, but how do i get rid of the annoying notification? Is there an app where I can turn off the notifications and it'll stop?

Take the update. It will fail and no more notifications.

Sent from my SPH-L710

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

There is a fix on xda. Also if you are on stock recovery it should still update but you will most likely have to root again.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a fix on xda.

I just flashed the stock recovery via XDA, rebooted and tried to accept the update--it failed/aborted. So I put the update zip on my sd card and rebooted to stock recovery and installed it from there, and again it aborted installation. So I don't think I can get the update. I'm going to reroot and flash CWM again.