Your Way to Update to MB1

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Post #2 says I need to be on MA6 and I am on LJ7. Also states it is for rooted with custom recovery - is that clockwork mod? thanks.

Post #1 says that. Not post 2. Post 2 is a full ROM and doesn't require you to be up to date.

Either CWM or twrp, either is fine.

marose1

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
After updating to Factory 4.1.2 ROM (January 2013 Build N7100OZSDMA6), I rooted my phone (using Odin) to fix a wifi problem caused by the 4.1.2 update. I replaced the 4.1.2 wifi files with the 4.1.1 wifi files. My wifi now functions properly, and the phone is still rooted and I have not reset the counter to zero. There is now a newer factory build of 4.1.2 (February 2013 Build N7100OZSDMB1).

If I go to the phone Settings-Update to perform an OTA update, I cannot install the latest Factory ROM, apparently because my counter is not set to zero and/or because my phone is rooted.

What steps do I need to take to install the latest Factory ROM either manually or OTA?

Once I Install the latest Factory ROM my phone will not longer be rooted and the counter will set to zero -- correct?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
After updating to Factory 4.1.2 ROM (January 2013 Build N7100OZSDMA6), I rooted my phone (using Odin) to fix a wifi problem caused by the 4.1.2 update. I replaced the 4.1.2 wifi files with the 4.1.1 wifi files. My wifi now functions properly, and the phone is still rooted and I have not reset the counter to zero. There is now a newer factory build of 4.1.2 (February 2013 Build N7100OZSDMB1).

If I go to the phone Settings-Update to perform an OTA update, I cannot install the latest Factory ROM, apparently because my counter is not set to zero and/or because my phone is rooted.

What steps do I need to take to install the latest Factory ROM either manually or OTA?

Once I Install the latest Factory ROM my phone will not longer be rooted and the counter will set to zero -- correct?

You can't use the ota update while rooted on custom recovery. If you have the sprint gs3, use the method in post #2 of this thread. It plainly states this in the 1st 2 posts.

marose1

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I said it because N7100OZSDMB1 appears to be for the Note II, from what I can tell.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Sorry, my post is for the international Note II (N7100 Hong Kong Software). I don't see the N7100 listed in any of the forums, so I'll look elsewhere for information.

Peter Android

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I just want to double check before messing with my phone, this is the latest update for the Sprint Galaxy S3 right? I am on LJ7 and my phone has been bugging me to update for about a week now, but a google search told me the latest is L710VPMA6, did they just release two in a row or something?

Thanks so much!

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I need to update my cwm recovery before I can do a nandroid backup (getting the error message) . can I do that by flashing or do I need to use Odin?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I need to update my cwm recovery before I can do a nandroid backup (getting the error message) . can I do that by flashing or do I need to use Odin?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

As long as you have the zip version you can just flash it in recovery. If you have the year version it will require Odin.

You can also just load ROM manager from the play store and let it update you.

James Sturgell

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you.

This is the Full Stock MB1 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.
Please thank freeza in his xda thread.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

MB1 Firmware/Baseband/Modem zip

Any new links? These are all dead :(