Help my battery! Facebook issue?

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Facebook has synced with my s3 since the 4.1.2 update. It's off in both phone & Facebook settings, yet still synced!
Since the update, I lose half my battery in 3 hours too. Nothing I've turned off or tried is working. I'm getting quite frustrated.
So, 3 questions :
1) did the update cause these issues?
2) how can I unsync Facebook?
3) is a factory reset what's going to work?
I guess a strong feeling you're going to vote for #3. *sigh*
Thanks for taking the time to read!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, also when it updated I got "burst shot" on the camera. It's gone now! Any thoughts?
Thanks again!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest this. Pull the notification try down, and where you have the power toggles, swipe to the left, you should get airplane mode and sync. Click the sync. This disables all syncing, including Google. If you need something from Google to sync, you would need to go into Settings>Accounts/sync>click on Google. Now, my question is do you want to keep looking at Facebook on your phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, also when it updated I got "burst shot" on the camera. It's gone now! Any thoughts?
Thanks again!

I forgot to answer this post....I would try to update your profile and see if that brings it back.

Otherwise, I do not believe that a factory reset will help for this. Factory resets seem to be one of the immediate responses. You can try to reboot in recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache, that may help better.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I would try manually turning facebook sync ON, close and reopen the facebook app, and then turn syncing off again, and see if that get things in sync (sorry!) again.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to answer this post....I would try to update your profile and see if that brings it back.

Otherwise, I do not believe that a factory reset will help for this. Factory resets seem to be one of the immediate responses. You can try to reboot in recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache, that may help better.

It has been forever since I've been on stock recovery. But I don't think stock recovery has the option to wipe cache and dalvik.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas... I'll give them a try today. I have tried syncing & unsyncing in both phone & fb settings, so far it's still there.
If I don't have it on my phone, I'd never use Facebook... Lol... Maybe I should delete the app huh?

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Also... Does anyone think the factory reset would help the battery life? Nothing else I've tried has so far. It *might* be that the update changed something with wifi, as it only really drains drastically (without use) while I'm at work. There's locked wifi (school) that we can't use our phones with. I have it set where I can now toggle wifi off (if I remember), whereas before it would turn itself on.
The thing that bothers me though is that this phone had no issues at all before that useless update. :(

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Also... Does anyone think the factory reset would help the battery life? Nothing else I've tried has so far. It *might* be that the update changed something with wifi, as it only really drains drastically (without use) while I'm at work. There's locked wifi (school) that we can't use our phones with. I have it set where I can now toggle wifi off (if I remember), whereas before it would turn itself on.
The thing that bothers me though is that this phone had no issues at all before that useless update. :(

The factory reset can cure a lot of post update issues. It is definitely worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox