Turning Your Phone Off

raywalther

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a stupid question to ask but is it better to turn your phone off at night while its charging? Does anyone leave it on 24/7 and have any issues?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The only time my phone has been off since I bought it, on black Friday, has been when I rooted it, or when I shut it down to change the battery. I've rebooted it occasionally, for one reason or another, but pretty much never shut it off.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I never turn my phone off either and I don't rum into any problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I make it a habit to restart my phone about every three days.. Shutting it off and leaving it off is never an option, because of work.. It just seems like my phone runs smoother after a restart, it may just be a psychosomatic deal, but that's my two cents :cool:

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
From a strictly technical point of view, turning it off will charge it faster and keep temperature down...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a stupid question to ask but is it better to turn your phone off at night while its charging? Does anyone leave it on 24/7 and have any issues?

I wouldn't because I want my phone to ring.

Every night before bed I simply reboot, Plug in, sleep, wake up and go.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you actually tested this to verify it? I I've seen at least one report that it charges slower when off

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3. Please forgive any typos or auto-correct errors.

JR6962

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never turned my phone off until I got my N2... You don't fully get a deep cycle charge unless you turn off your phone. As well for the N2 users...It only takes a full 2 hours for a 100% battery. Just mho.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
This tread reminds me of the debate over task killers :'( I leave my phone on and plugged into the charger all night and use an NFC tag to put it in block mode. What I've noticed is that when it reaches 100%, it still will be 10-15 minutes before it says it's fully charged. So far, this phone and the battery have been better than any phone I've had in the past. :D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never turned my phone off until I got my N2... You don't fully get a deep cycle charge unless you turn off your phone. As well for the N2 users...It only takes a full 2 hours for a 100% battery. Just mho.

I can charge my S3 in about 2 hours from dead as well. That depends on the charger. The one that came with my phone is slow.. The one I bought from the Verizon store does it faster. I keep that one at work so I can charge before leaving work and be good to go :).

raywalther

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I can charge my S3 in about 2 hours from dead as well. That depends on the charger. The one that came with my phone is slow.. The one I bought from the Verizon store does it faster. I keep that one at work so I can charge before leaving work and be good to go :).

I have a powermat on my desk aswell as my night stand. Those work amazing but the case seemed to make my power button more flush with the device so I put the case on before i charge it and take it off after

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a powermat on my desk aswell as my night stand. Those work amazing but the case seemed to make my power button more flush with the device so I put the case on before i charge it and take it off after

That sounds like a lot more work than just plugging in a micro USB charger.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is but only charge my phone when i go to bed and i figured i already spent the money on the 2 charging mats so why not use it. plus the phone feels so sexy without a case aha

I have my phone naked 24/7 ;)

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I never turn my phone off except when changing batteries. I reboot (reset) approx every two days or after a download. I also use a desktop (two) charger so I really never turn my SG3 off ......works for me

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I turn it off every night, we still have a land line. I know I can turn on blocking mode and leave it on, but why? It seems to get more updates when it turns on than when I just let it run.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My S3 has some kind of weird bug where the touch keys stay lit when my phone has been on for several days. I do a quick reboot, and the problem is cleared. Still haven't figured out why it happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc