SMS only sends first 160 characters, the rest is lost.

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Ever since the last Android update, I've only been able to send 160 character limited texts. That is, the first 160 characters gets sent, but anything beyond that is just lost. The message does send successfully.

Can anyone help me fix this? I'm running a stock Galaxy S3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd try a 3rd party message app. I use ChompSMS and it automat splits messages if a option is checked (see attached). This way the app does it rather than relying on Sprint to do it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363824723818.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363824723818.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 13

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, chomp SMS seems like a good alternative so far. I noticed it mentioned advertisements, but I haven't seen any yet. Are they going to suddenly start popping up in the middle of my messages or something?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
A messaging app was the first thing I downloaded upon getting my phone. I've been told it's a Sprint issue, but I never had the problem on my non-smart Sprint phone. I use Handcent but a lot of people use GoSMS. Just be sure to not only have it send over multiple messages, have it break at words, otherwise it will count 160 and br
eak. At least your stock messaging app allowed you to continue typing. Mine would just stop when you ran out of space, usually causing you to lose your line of thought. Oh, you'll have to disable the stock app in order for the new one to work properly.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol