Expect another Samsung update

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I like how they say "it's very difficult to achieve" I can consistently bypass it, no effort at all.. Now that I see that it's posted all over the internet, my phone doesn't leave my hand or my pocket while I'm out..

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Locking the phone is a placebo. Anyone who has a slight knowledge of Android can bypass it.
I lock it mostly for privacy purposes. I don't want anyone going through my phone if, let's say, I am in the shower. Another reason I lock is that when I have the phone in my pocket sometimes it unlocks and starts opening all kinds of apps as I try to get it out of my pocket.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I lock it mostly for privacy purposes. I don't want anyone going through my phone if, let's say, I am in the shower. Another reason I lock is that when I have the phone in my pocket sometimes it unlocks and starts opening all kinds of apps as I try to get it out of my pocket.
lol... who do you live with that you can't trust them with your phone while your in the shower?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Locking the phone is a placebo. Anyone who has a slight knowledge of Android can bypass it.

But, in truth, very few of the people who are likely to find your phone if you leave it behind are that knowledgeable. I doubt that most of the members of this forum would know how to bypass the screen lock, much less the billions who aren't members of this forum. Using a PIN or password lock is certainly far more secure than not doing so.

But if you have really sensitive information on your phone, you should encrypt that information.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But, in truth, very few of the people who are likely to find your phone if you leave it behind are that knowledgeable. I doubt that most of the members of this forum would know how to bypass the screen lock, much less the billions who aren't members of this forum. Using a PIN or password lock is certainly far more secure than not doing so.

But if you have really sensitive information on your phone, you should encrypt that information.

I totally agree with you. I realize now I wasn't quite clear in the point I was trying to make. A lock of some type is better than nothing, it just is not as secure as a lot of people believe it to be. Hence the placebo part.

There was a guy that I used to work with a few months ago that had the same phone as me (Galaxy S3), and said 'No one can get into my phone' I was nice and bet him I could for a bottle of pop. When I showed him my method (I am keeping it to myself so that it isn't spread), he was floored.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463