Google Play Store crashing everytime I pull it up

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you ask this in another thread? I feel like I just answered this question. :)

Anyway, try clearing the apps cache and date:

Settings / Application manager
Scroll right to the 'All' tab
Scroll down until you find the Play Store app, then tap that row.
Tap the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.

Then restart the Play Store app and see what happens.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, if you go back to that same screen where you cleared data and cache, there should be a button near the top right of the page that says either "Disable" or "Uninstall updates." If yours says "Uninstall updates" try that. See if it works on the version of the app that came with the phone. Perhaps you got a bad download on the last update and something in the program file got corrupted.

If it works, then try installing the update again.

jrock151#CB

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It's still not working. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Sent from my SIII

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365528879549.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365528879549.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 79

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that error certainly has something to do with it. Have you modified your phone in any way (changed Developer options, rooted, flashed a new ROM, etc.)?

There are, I think, a number of threads about that error message, Search for them, and maybe you'll find an answer there. Good luck.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
After clearing data, try clicking on Force Close in upper left to reload the Market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

liveloveliftlaugh

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling the play store app then go to settings>application manager> then open all apps and it will be all the way at the bottom of the list click and enable it again! That worked on my device gs3, hope it resolves yours too

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, then Apps then menu then click "reset application preferences" should most definitely work

That did not work for me I had to go to settings/Google and sync my account and then delete my account and then resign in to Google and this cured my issue. No reset is needed. There is a thread that I was in that made reference to this you must all be terrible at hitting the search button!

rrwoods1978

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The way to fix this is go into Settings>Applications select ALL applications. Scroll the the very bottom of the list as you should see an app named "Downloads" select it, and then change it from "Disabled" to "Enabled". for some unknown reason it is getting switched to disabled. It has to be enabled for the Play Store to work.

Asus TF700T

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Settings -> Apps -> Reset apps preferences worked finally for me. But before I tried:
Clearing Google Play Store cache & data
Sign out/in of google account
Restarting
Uninstall/Install latest Play Store
All failed. Google Play Store stared and then dissappeared instantly, sometimes with some message that some google service crashed.
Thanks ...

bigPdee

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to supperwaffel !!! and rrwoods1978 !!!

I travelled out of the country, and did not recall I "Disabled" the app named "Downloads," to minimize my data-cross-section abroad. Same as rrwoods1978, the fix is to go into Settings>Applications, select "All Applications." Scroll to the very bottom of list. You will see the app named "Downloads" select it, and then change it from "Disabled" to "Enabled". It has to be enabled for the Play Store to work. ;)

Barry Dragon

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Was having the same problem of Play Store crashing and resetting every time I opened it. I took ur advice about "resetting app preferences". Worked like a charm. Thx