Google Maps/Services is KILLING my battery!

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Hyperion extended battery, and it's down to 45% today on very light use. Google Maps is 18% of that, and Google Services is 18% of it. This is just unacceptable.

FWIW, In Maps I have Location Reporting turned OFF. This was the culprit in the past, but it obviously isn't the culprit this time. I can't figure out what else to try while maintaining some GPS capability. Any ideas?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Download Wakelock Detector. I did this and learned it was exchange services doing it. Turned sync off and the problem fixed itself. Not saying that's your problem, but it will give you the answer.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a Hyperion extended battery, and it's down to 45% today on very light use. Google Maps is 18% of that, and Google Services is 18% of it. This is just unacceptable.

FWIW, In Maps I have Location Reporting turned OFF. This was the culprit in the past, but it obviously isn't the culprit this time. I can't figure out what else to try while maintaining some GPS capability. Any ideas?

Go to settings / location services and make sure gps satellites is the only thing ticked. It helped me out alot. Hope it helps you.

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings / location services and make sure gps satellites is the only thing ticked. It helped me out alot. Hope it helps you.
I actually just turned off Location and Google Search, and it still helped a lot. I'm on my second day off-battery and at 64%. Thanks!