Equalizer not working after lastest update

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I bluetooth my phone to my truck radio everyday and bought the Equalizer app to enhance the sound through my stereo. It seems that after the MD4 update the equalizer from both the stock music app and the Equalizer app dont fuction properly. Normally by moving all six sliders up it improves the bass, treble, etc. Vice versa when moving the sliders down. Now when I try moving the sliders up it gets lower and theres no way to improve the volume no matter how I adjust it. I thought it was just a glitch on the Equalizer app so I tried the Music FX which is the stock equalizer and same problem. The best sound is the stock settings which defeats the purpose of a custom equalizer. I tried a hard reset and no luck. I even had the Sprint store reinstall the software since I had a problem with the TalkBack going on by itself. It fixed that issue but the equalizer is still useless. Does anyone that use an Equalizer app have this problem or maybe know that could be causing this issue. I would appreciate some help so I can continue jamming out loud again.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried 3 different apps and none seem to work right. They work for about a half hour and turn off, and when I turn them on the volume goes down, even when I turn it up to full.

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sometimes I try using one of the preset setting and sometimes they wont work. I'm used to having high voice and bass so now it sounds real low to me. I'm having the same issue when I put the settings all the way up, its just goes lower.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't already, try deleting the app and re-installing it. It's possible, though, that the developer will have to update the app to work on the new software.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
All the ones I tried were a new install on the update, I was looking for one to make Slacker sound better through the boombox at work.

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the problem here is one certain app though. I just found out yesterday the Samsung Music Hub app has a in-app equalizer and that one doesn't seem to work as well. So that makes 3 of them. The stock Music FX, Equalizer, and Music Hub. My guess is that somehow the MD4 software corrupted the way the equalizer works and I'm sure when they were testing it out before releasing it, seeing if the equalizer works is not a top priority since its not a major feature. Hopefully this gets brought up to their attention and fixed in a future update.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That may well be true. It may also be true that there's an easy work-around the app developers can incorporate. But if they're not aware of the issue, it's highly unlikely they will even look at it.

SCSnare

May 20, 2011
www.mricks.com
Just wanted to say that I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy S4. None of the Equalizer apps I've tried work anymore. I usually use Equalizer to listen to Spotify, but after that quit working I gave Volume + and the stock Music FX apps, but they don't work either.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
That may well be true. It may also be true that there's an easy work-around the app developers can incorporate. But if they're not aware of the issue, it's highly unlikely they will even look at it.
I emailed the dev for Music Volume EQ, it's just one of the 4 I tried, here is his response,
Hi David,

Thank you for interest in our app, and we apologize for problems. Some Android*ROM's*don't support*equalizer*on global audio output, and there is nothing to do on our side, to fix issue.

Regards
..... not good.

Androidaholic

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Boy this sucks I used to use Equalizer by Smart Android apps and now it will not work on my Note 2 or my S3. As a matter of fact none of them work anymore and I have tried about five of them. I wonder what they did to the code to make this happen. I found a custom kernal for my Note 2 with Voodoo sound since it has the Exynos but not my S3 yet. Guess I may have to revert to an earlier build which sucks because the new one is stable as hell no matter what rom I have tried on my S3.

jimrx7

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus, upon further investigation on Google or course I pinned it down to conflicting apps, I had gone through the usual clear cache and uninstall and re-install with no luck. Finally I went ahead I went ahead and cleared the cache, Data and uninstalled Volume+ rebooted the phone and my equalizer is working just fine now several weeks later. You might want to try uninstalling every other app that might use the equalizer.

Dave Hood

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
"You might want to try uninstalling every other app that might use the equalizer."

Has anyone else found that this worked? I hate not having the EQ with Audible, but that's a lot of apps to uninstall...

scott267

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I disabled the stock music player. Then I installed a third-party player. Equalizer apps now work fine. I installed Rocket Player, and I am very happy with the change.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you tired going into settings then into sound then Music effects and then make sure the button is highlighted on your EQ you want to use.

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
annoying...
I had an update on my verizon galaxy s4 3 days ago and on my way to work I realized that the music I purchased the night before the "os update" has no bass at all. It was flat and I hate flat music. Result I was disappointed while commuting to work. Weirdly the other song I bought were working properly for a while. By properly I meant the equalizer were functioning. Now I have no bass at all on all songs I remember receiving something like privacy samsung has been access without authorization. I don't even know if that phone is safe anymore, I am giving it one more week if no change, It might be called the next big thing but I am gonna switch to "the working thing" (by "working thing" I meant iphone) If anyone has some ideas on how to fix that thing please let me know... this is driving me crazy.

spiedino85

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
got the same problem today with the new OS upadate on galaxy S4, the stock EQ doesn't work anymore I'll try to send an email to spotify's support

so sick

ps: I even tryied other app with the same result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC