4.1.2 but Gallery features not updated?

randomstuffology

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My spouse and I both have Sprint S3 phones and both updated to 4.1.2. My Gallery features updated (ability to add new album, etc) with 4.1.2 but his didn't. What we've tried:

Rebooting phone
Clearing Gallery cache
Clearing Gallery data (followed by reboot)

I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas appreciated.

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Even though they both are running 4.1.2 they could still be different builds. The gallery updated with the MD4 build. Having not looked I would guess that one of you has MD4 the other MB1. To check go to settings scroll down to about device and then check the build number, I assume one would be MD4 and the other MB1.

randomstuffology

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Spot on, thanks - I have MD4 while his is MB1. Is there anything on our end we can do to change that, or is it something being rolled out gradually or...? TIA

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Spot on, thanks - I have MD4 while his is MB1. Is there anything on our end we can do to change that, or is it something being rolled out gradually or...? TIA

Well, there's a way to force it.

Settings /application manager /
Then left Swipe all the way to "all". Scroll down to google.services.framework. Tap, then clear data, then force stop.
Back out to settings, system update, update samsung software.
Once there it should say last checked in 1969. Tap check now.
It may take 3 or 4 times from the beginning. If it doesn't work try again later.

Hope this helps.

Submitted VIA Subspace

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As said you can go the route of trying to force it by stopping the frame services. You could also go to the thread your way to update to MD4 and follow the instructions in the first post if you are unrooted if rooted use the second post method.