Downloading Apps and updates on Google Play constantly failing all day

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I get "Error retrieving information from server. (RPC:S-5:AEC-0) for Apps and Updates. I'm on Build 4.0.27 on the Play Store and still MD1 on my Sprint GS3. I've cleared data, cache and force stop on Play Store and still getting this error message. Anyone else seeing this out there? Did I miss a post on AC today?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Aight man, I had this probem too like a few months ago and yes it was a b!+ch hahaa. Steps to follow to fix:

1. Go to the Play Store.
2. Press menu---then go to accounts.
3. Press "add account"; just make up a fake email address that you create now, you never needa use it again lol.
4. Tap to click that account.
5. Reboot.
6. Do steps 1 & 2.
7. Go back to your original account.
8. Reboot.

Ten try and see if it's fixed. If it's not let me know.

kodybrannon

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
When I had this issue, I had to remove the google account completely, re-add it, then try to get in the play store, re login and it should work.

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Aight man, I had this probem too like a few months ago and yes it was a b!+ch hahaa. Steps to follow to fix:

1. Go to the Play Store.
2. Press menu---then go to accounts.
3. Press "add account"; just make up a fake email address that you create now, you never needa use it again lol.
4. Tap to click that account.
5. Reboot.
6. Do steps 1 & 2.
7. Go back to your original account.
8. Reboot.

Ten try and see if it's fixed. If it's not let me know.

Thx bud, but didn't work...gonna give the other suggestion and shot and thx again!!!

Sjhkitten

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues with downloads and updates as well, but I can't even FIND the menu button on my version of Google Play on my phone. I checked out my list of apps that needed updates when I first started messing with the phone after I bought it today, but since then, the Installed/All Apps buttons have gone on vacation (they're completely gone) and now I can't see a menu button either. Since this is the very first thread I've seen that even mentioned anything that even sounds like it might help me, I was wondering if you guys and gals had any advice as to how to fix this. I've tried going through my computer and updating/installing things through the Play Store there, and I don't see that anything is working. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I found the button. It wasn't showing on the Google Play Store display like it does on my tablet, but was instead contained within one of the main three buttons on the bottom of my phone. The three buttons do different things on my phone than on my tablet, so I was confused. If anyone wants to delete this post, that's fine... I thought I could do it, but I don't see where I can. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with downloads and updates as well, but I can't even FIND the menu button on my version of Google Play on my phone. I checked out my list of apps that needed updates when I first started messing with the phone after I bought it today, but since then, the Installed/All Apps buttons have gone on vacation (they're completely gone) and now I can't see a menu button either. Since this is the very first thread I've seen that even mentioned anything that even sounds like it might help me, I was wondering if you guys and gals had any advice as to how to fix this. I've tried going through my computer and updating/installing things through the Play Store there, and I don't see that anything is working. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I found the button. It wasn't showing on the Google Play Store display like it does on my tablet, but was instead contained within one of the main three buttons on the bottom of my phone. The three buttons do different things on my phone than on my tablet, so I was confused. If anyone wants to delete this post, that's fine... I thought I could do it, but I don't see where I can. Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy discovering ur new phone!!!