Play store (no connection retry)

ncarlosmiguel

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this might have been helpful if I could download ES File Explorer on the Play Store. Unfortunately, my Play Store is not working that's why I've come here. Thanks for the help anyway.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
we have the same problem

Maybe this might have been helpful if I could download ES File Explorer on the Play Store. Unfortunately, my Play Store is not working that's why I've come here. Thanks for the help anyway.

I don't see anyone suggesting downloading ES from the Play Store. I do see half a dozen other suggestions. Have you tried any of them?

dman1092

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
my play store has not been working for the last 36 hours and i have tried everything on this thread. My phone was rooted and i unrooted it rebooted, deleted freedom, tried the airplane mode, tried wifi and mobile data, tried ##72786# and got an error saying connection problem or invalid MMI code, i tried to create a new google account but everytime i get to the screen where i make a gmail email account it says the email is already taken which it is not bcuz i have tried hundreds of wild names, and lastly i have even factory reset and it still does not let me connect and i cant even sign in now bcuz it says there was a connection error while signing in. my phone is a LG Optimus Pro G e980

dman1092

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
my play store has not been working for the last 36 hours and i have tried everything on this thread. My phone was rooted and i unrooted it rebooted, deleted freedom, tried the airplane mode, tried wifi and mobile data, tried ##72786# and got an error saying connection problem or invalid MMI code, i tried to create a new google account but everytime i get to the screen where i make a gmail email account it says the email is already taken which it is not bcuz i have tried hundreds of wild names, and lastly i have even factory reset and it still does not let me connect and i cant even sign in now bcuz it says there was a connection error while signing in. my phone is a LG Optimus Pro G e980

Finally found a way to fix the store for me.

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
2. Install it in your Device.
3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
4. Open the etc folder.
5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
7. Save the file.
8. Reboot your device
9. Add Google Account
10. Done!

I know it says download total commander from the app store but just go to this link since anyone here looking for a solution obviously can't access the play store.
Total Commander - Android

Once you download the apk move it to your phone via usb connection and then go to your phone and use any type of file manager app to access the apk and install it then follow the instructions listed above. This worked for me when everything else failed so i figured i would help anyone else in my situation.

habitaddict

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Another thing you can try is: -

Open the phone dialler and type *#9900# to open SysDump then press the "...fast dormancy" button.
On my Samsung Galaxy Ace, this is the fifth option down.
(If it was on, the button will show "disable..." - If it was off, the button will show "enable...")

Maybe your mobile network (carrier) transfers data better with this off, or it's better switched on. Play Store can be very fussy about data connection quality, unlike a lot of other apps. Perhaps this is because it uses a constant stream of background data.

Last edited:

Derpy Ryka

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the "force stop, clear data, clear cache" but then again my play store still isn't working. What will I do? I wanna install tumblr so bad. Play store still says "retry" and "no connection" even though I'm connected to the internet. Please help me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12