Galaxy S III battery died, now won't charge and wont turn on!!! HELP!

cgc32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 battery died, now wont charge and wont turn on!!! HELP!

This happened to me too! THANK YOU!!!!!! You saved my phone!!! :) :)

sue Wilkinson

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I know this post was some time ago but did you get it sorted, if so how because mine is now dong the self same thing and I can't turn it on .

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Hello, I know this post was some time ago but did you get it sorted, if so how because mine is now dong the self same thing and I can't turn it on .

Hi Sue, Don't know if this can help you but there is a thread at XDA... it's a little complicated but it can bring back some phones (Sprint GS3) from the dead if you follow it carefully.

Here

Hope it helps if your phone is still under the weather.

maraki079

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone.
Today the same thing happened to me. For some reason some times I put my phone to the charger and even though you can see it is charging,
the next morning my phone was half chatged.
So tofay I thought the phone was charged and it asn;t. At one point the battery stopped and the phone was shut off Sfter thst I cannot switch it back on.
I tried the method you mentioned above to take the battry and then plug it in and didn't see any difference. Even though the phone is plugged in no lights are on, like it is dead.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Linde Lategan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi All.
The same thing happened to me today.:'( Very annoying.
I tried the above, taking out the battery and then charging it again, but nothing happened. Even left it for 2hours. I thought it might be the charger but I tried my brothers phone and it charged his phone.
I just plugging the phone in via usb on my pc and now its showing that its charging. Wish me luck.
Hope it works for you too.

maraki079

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Just to update you so other unfortunate souls might be helped, I took my s3 to 'plain' cell service and they told me that when a battery runs out the
phone is blocked and they needed to recharge it not with a plain home charger to boost it up. Anyway it turns out that they were talking nounces
and after calling Samsung service they told me to send it to them. So now I am without my beloved s3 and waiting for a miracle. :-\
In the receipt I have from the store I bought it, 2 years guarantee is mentioned. I wonder if that is going to matter so if it is not fixable they can maybe change it with a new one....
or you think I am in dreamland?? Anyway I will wait and see what happens and keep you posted if I find out what was wrong with it so you might be helped.
Bye for now!

Stefani Simmons

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I have a AT&T Samsung S3 that I had rooted/unlocked to allow me to use my S3 simcard. The other day I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. It still worked.

Yesterday I was using it almost all day and it just shut off. Now it flashes the samsung symbol then it would show the battery symbol. Now it won't charge or turn on at all. If I factory reset it will that help and will it still be unlocked for T-Mobile?

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but that thread's first two posts -- by that thread's starter (aka, its "original poster" or "OP") -- are just ridiculously wrong and misleading.

I have, however, added a third post to that thread which sets straight the record; and provides any Samsung Galaxy famly phone user -- particularly a Note II user -- with pretty much everything s/he needs to know about this subject.

Ilya Aronov

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Bought Note 3 on 25 of September 2013.It used to work like in a fairytale. ..until beginning of December.From then on I started to have strange issue from day to day but minimum 4-5 times a week.My note suddenly starts to stutter and stuck while screen doesn't respond or respond after 10 min,heats up, then restarts 4-7 times.The only way to fix it is to take a battery out and restart or wait until the restart loop will stop.
Went to Samsung at Stratford Westfield(where I bought it) they reinstalled the software and told me if I have the same issue they are going to change a motherboard and it will take 3 days!!! Samsung seriously?!No replacement?! I'm sorry but the phone that worth more than iPhone (?620) and you offer a repair??!customer care is definitely with a lower quality than Apple. Came home today and couldn't even finish installation of all apps when the same issue appeared. No refund ,NO replacement..Only repairing..NEVER samsung again!

Chlobo707

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I bought a new battery for mine and it won't work still. It doesn't have the red light when I plug it in to it's wall charger. it's screen doesn't even flicker. help??:confused:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I hate to say it, Chlobo, but it sounds like it's a hardware issue, and your phone is going to need to be repaired.

Summit1980

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Ok, so I had this issue this morning with my Galaxy S3. I went out last night and my battery died, got home and put it on charge, woke up and it was still dead without even turning on. I searched google and came across this thread, so i tried the removing of the battery and replacing etc but that didn't work. For some reason my phone just wasn't charging that damn thing.

Anyway, I found a solution and thought I'd sign up to let anyone else know how to fix it. Luckily my missus has the same phone as me, so I put my battery in hers and charged it for 30 minutes. Then when I put the battery in mine I was able to turn the phone and and carry on charging. Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation. I know it requires another S3, but that shouldn't be too hard as more than likely a mate will have one, or another member in your family.

Cindy Kenmore

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 battery died, now won't charge and wont turn on!!! HELP!

I have the same issue. The guy at sprint told that my battery was no good anymore and that I needed to buy a new one for $50 from sprint. He did tell me to go online to get a new one for cheaper. So thats what I did. I got 3 batteries for $20. way cheaper then what any other place wanted to charge. Just google it and you will find better prices online

goawaynosey

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I had my phone replaced because there are issues with the charger/place where the charger is plugged in. Therefore, they do replace phones. They give you a refurbished phone not a new one.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

My son has a Galaxy S3 and we took it to Sprint because it wouldn't charge they guy took it apart then said it was not the battery but the phone and would have to go to Samsung. So we mailed it to Samsung and now they are claiming water damage to the tune of $300 to get the phone back. Total crap! That phone has not been near any sort of liquid and for them to say so is just a way to avoid their warranty. I'm really ticked and this finishes me with Samsung!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

now they are claiming water damage to the tune of $300 to get the phone back
Ask them to send it back unrepaired and get a wireless charging solution (replacement back and Qi charging pad).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Sriram Ganesh1

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Can pls be clear,, what is a multifunction jack>?? n what do u mean by small end and large end?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar