Galaxy S3 Keyboard lag

GOINS SOMEWHERE

May 30, 2013
Visit site
When I go to send a text, or post a status to facebook, or use my keyboard in any way there is alway a lag in it coming up. normally takes about 10 seconds be fore it comes up correctly. Half of the time when it comes up its large ( same size as if the phone was turned sideways to type) and only shows half of the keyboard. it eventually fixes itself but its annoying and frustrating. I took it to a Sprint tech store and they removed the battery and it fixed it...for about 5 min. Then it started doing it all over again. I have alreaedy had to do a factory reset once since i got the phone due to a blue and black flashing samsung sign, any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I go to send a text, or post a status to facebook, or use my keyboard in any way there is alway a lag in it coming up. normally takes about 10 seconds be fore it comes up correctly. Half of the time when it comes up its large ( same size as if the phone was turned sideways to type) and only shows half of the keyboard. it eventually fixes itself but its annoying and frustrating. I took it to a Sprint tech store and they removed the battery and it fixed it...for about 5 min. Then it started doing it all over again. I have alreaedy had to do a factory reset once since i got the phone due to a blue and black flashing samsung sign, any ideas?

Welcome to the forums.

I would suggest to reboot into recovery and wipe the phone's cache. To do so power off. Hold home volume up and power at the same time. release when you see the Samsung logo. You will then get a menu with highlighted bar. use the volume key to navigate down to wipe cache partition. Hit power. This may take about 15 to 30 seconds. When done, you will be brought back to the main menu, already highlighting reboot device. Hit power.

Hope this helps.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I would suggest to reboot into recovery and wipe the phone's cache. To do so power off. Hold home volume up and power at the same time. release when you see the Samsung logo. You will then get a menu with highlighted bar. use the volume key to navigate down to wipe cache partition. Hit power. This may take about 15 to 30 seconds. When done, you will be brought back to the main menu, already highlighting reboot device. Hit power.

Hope this helps.

Does doing this make me loose any saved info? like texts, contacts, saved games, settings, apps, etc?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Does doing this make me loose any saved info? like texts, contacts, saved games, settings, apps, etc?

No, you will not lose any data from doing a cache wipe :)

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No, you will not lose any data from doing a cache wipe :)

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

For some reason I do not believe you as Cache wipes delete all personal saved info on the phone....

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I promise you, you will not lose any data. Your apps are stored to the phone memory, contacts to Google, SIM, or phone memory, not the cache partition. I believe you are thinking of a factory reset, which will wipe all data from the phone. I just did a cache partition wipe on my phone two days ago, and nothing was lost.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You do not have to be rooted. To wipe the system cache;
power off
hold down volume up + home + power all at once
wait until the boot screen comes up and it will says recovery in the top left very small, let go at this point
use the volume up and down to scroll and use the home button to select
choose wipe cache
then choose boot system

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
ok , I did it... note that you hit the power button to select, not the home button. Thank you so much though. I wonder if this will fix the battery drain issue I am having. I heard the Google Play store is causing it but there is a new version 4.1.10 thats out and fixes it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
ok , I did it... note that you hit the power button to select, not the home button. Thank you so much though. I wonder if this will fix the battery drain issue I am having. I heard the Google Play store is causing it but there is a new version 4.1.10 thats out and fixes it.

I don't have an s3, so the method is different. I just gave you the results that I googled.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No problem, also a big thanks to golfdriver for giving the advice, all I did was Google the method :) he's such a great helping hand in the community.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No problem, also a big thanks to golfdriver for giving the advice, all I did was Google the method :) he's such a great helping hand in the community.

Thank you so much Jennifer. You fielded all those like a pro.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

This may very well fix some, if not all, battery issues, if you had an update recently.

MrsHinNH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not seeing the tiny "recovery" thing you mentioned and it's not getting into any menu.
I am powering off, then trying to power back on holding the volume up + power + center button on the Galaxy S3 all at the same time to power the phone up. No menu....
what am I doing wrong??? Thanks!
:-[

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This didnt fix my lag. My keyboard still lags. This is such bull. Not even worth your time cuz it will just revert right back to the crap this is beginning to be.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not seeing the tiny "recovery" thing you mentioned and it's not getting into any menu.
I am powering off, then trying to power back on holding the volume up + power + center button on the Galaxy S3 all at the same time to power the phone up. No menu....
what am I doing wrong??? Thanks!
:-[

You need to release when you see the Samsung logo.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.