When LTE in Philly?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was chatting with my S3 Philly friend today, and was shocked he still is running on 3G.

When it is coming to Philly?

This seems outrageous to have such an awesome phone running on such a terrible 3G network.

(Glad I switched to AT&T: just clocked 41 megs down, 15 megs up) on my speedtest.net

Thx for any guesses on the E.T.A. for L.T.E

Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Google is great, but I was asking about Sprint's LTE :)

I did some googling but didn't see anything other than people from 6 months ago saying it was coming in like 2 weeks.

Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David, that was very helpful. It turns out his settings were indeed correct. (LTE/CDMA was set as preferred). The problem is that sprint's philly 4g is VERY SPOTTY. When Philly went LTE for ATT, it extended well into Jersey. Take a look at sprint's map:

Attachments

• sprint4g.png
    sprint4g.png
    974.5 KB · Views: 11

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks David, that was very helpful. It turns out his settings were indeed correct. (LTE/CDMA was set as preferred). The problem is that sprint's philly 4g is VERY SPOTTY. When Philly went LTE for ATT, it extended well into Jersey. Take a look at sprint's map:

It's still rolling out. LTE upgrades aren't finished yet. When they are, coverage should be pretty solid. I get LTE everywhere I go now that Chicago is almost done.

Also, that map is not a definitive coverage map. It only shows LTE where someone running the Sensorly app has mapped it. It's more accurate than the official Sprint coverage maps, but it's still not perfect.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I am working in 19124 and was getting 10 to 18 Mbps down until 2 weeks ago Monday, I am now getting 0.12 down, but I get 7 Mbps up. Now if I can figure out how to stream Slacker up! Sprint claimed last week they were upgrading the tower that I am closest to, but who knows what the excuse is this week.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, as most of you should know, you get what you pay for. Sprint, even with LTE, will not have amazing speeds. If it's honestly a problem for you, upgrade to AT&T or Verizon.

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't need amazing for a phone I need good and steady. Sitting here right now I just pulled into the parking lot for work and I am getting 8 Mbps down, more than enough everything loads instantly. Now if it stays that way throughout the day I will be happy.