Not very good service on my gs3

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I had am HTC shift before this phone and it had its issues for sure, however I could make phone calls at the mall and in other stores. My gs3 is horrible, I don't have enough service to call, text or any data when in stores I used all of them in with my HTC.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had am HTC shift before this phone and it had its issues for sure, however I could make phone calls at the mall and in other stores. My gs3 is horrible, I don't have enough service to call, text or any data when in stores I used all of them in with my HTC.

I am in the Metro DC area, and I can report that over the last SIX months service has ranged from non-existent to spotty to "wow, I didn't know they had 4G here". I've read reports that Sprint was doing tower upgrades in this area, but whenever I feel like I'm getting no signal I reboot/restart my S3 (stock 4.1.2 MD4, unrooted) and my signal mysteriously gains about 2 bars (enough to make a call etc). If it's really bad, I update my PRL (Settings > System Update) but I don't know if it has any long-term effects with the signal.

At my home in suburban MD, I've been lucky to get 2-3 bars of 3G (no 4G). Our home borders a park forest and we have a LOT of trees in the yard, if that still makes a difference with new technologies (tree buds used to be to blame years ago). When I need to make a call, I try to be near a window and turn off WiFi.

I would like to say that my Epic 4G had a better signal, but if system upgrades are the cause of signal drops then you can't really compare devices.

cheers/dom

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty much everywhere...Sprint's service has been absolutely horrendous and it's only getting worse by the day. I was driving along the highway in the Boston-NY areas...all the way down to Philly and my streaming apps like Pandora or Radio.com would just drop out saying there was no connection. I did a speed test while on Sprint's 4G LTE in Philly and downloaded at a whopping 400Kbps...which is pretty pathetic on a new network.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty much everywhere...Sprint's service has been absolutely horrendous and it's only getting worse by the day. I was driving along the highway in the Boston-NY areas...all the way down to Philly and my streaming apps like Pandora or Radio.com would just drop out saying there was no connection. I did a speed test while on Sprint's 4G LTE in Philly and downloaded at a whopping 400Kbps...which is pretty pathetic on a new network.

That's probably because they are testing the cell sites in philly while they are updating them. Those kinds of speeds during nv rollout are to be expected at this point. There's no need to be frustrated about it.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma