Play store won't download anything

zandgreen

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
In my case the problem of not being able to download anything via Play Store has been caused by the uninstalled "Download manager" app. I had to reinstall it to make the Store function properly again.
Screenshot_2016-02-22-21-28-02.png
I'm coming from a sony xperia stock lollipop rom.

Last edited:

chad markham

May 19, 2013
Visit site
So all the sudden play store does not download any apps anyone have a fix please help
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Whenever this has happened to my Nexus 6 and it won't update or download, I simply restart the device and try downloading again and it always works.

chad markham

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Whenever this has happened to my Nexus 6 and it won't update or download, I simply restart the device and try downloading again and it always works.

Tariq Middleton

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Play store displaying connection timeout

Look can anyone help me out? I went into the apps settings under Google play store and cleared the cache and data. Opened up the play store app again to see that my downloaded apps is not listed and now when I try to install a app, I'm still getting this damn connection timeout! Wtf is the problem and how do I rectify it?
Thanks!

Diraan

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar problem to everyone here.

I've tried everything thus far, even a factory reset, and nothing seems to work.

Only my problem is a bit different. I can download just fine over 4g/3g/LTE. I can even download using public wifi at starbucks/bestbuy/etc, but not my home or neighbor's wifi.

All this happened as soon as I upgraded to Android 6.0.1 on my Galaxy Note 5

Elida Monk

May 15, 2016
Visit site
So all the sudden play store does not download any apps anyone have a fix please help

Can you describe any events leading up to this? Otherwise my suggestion is go to Settings>Apps>Manage Apps> and find the Play Store app then clear data/cache on the app. See if that clears things up.
I can't download apps

Last edited by a moderator:

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar problem to everyone here.

I've tried everything thus far, even a factory reset, and nothing seems to work.

Only my problem is a bit different. I can download just fine over 4g/3g/LTE. I can even download using public wifi at starbucks/bestbuy/etc, but not my home or neighbor's wifi.

All this happened as soon as I upgraded to Android 6.0.1 on my Galaxy Note 5

Did you try restarting your wifi router ( remove all power from the router for at least 10 sec) it should work let know how you make out

Funfunwon

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem, can download fine using data but wifi is a big nono. Worked fine until I factory reset my phone to try to speed it up a bit

V MP

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey man. I can surf freely no buffing i download anything using my browser but when i use my playstore to download apps its very slow :( what can i do to fix this please help me :((

I have been having this issue for a few weeks now and I even contacted the support help desk of an app I could not update thinking that it was from their side. They promptly replied that it wasnt
My solution: I cleared the cache of Google Play Services.
I cleard the cache of Google Play stores and also Force stopped it.
Then I re-started the phone.
After that I was able to download a new app which I had been plagued with all morning and it would not download.
Funnily enough, when I woke up this morning, I noticed that particular app (TypeApp) had been updated and there was a notification in the system tray.
I am often getting notifications saying " Facebook auto update has been completely successfully." The same happened this morning for Instagram.
Dont ask me why or how this is happening.
Device: Huwaei P10 Lollipop.

Anyone tried the above?

GadgetMonger

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm having this problem as well. I tried clearing data on the Play Store app and now it's not showing any of my apps or any app updates. The lists won't populate. Has this been figured out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke