Play store won't download anything

Chastity Montoya

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone had been doing this for about a week now......it starts to download then stops at different percentages....I've tried everything even reset my phone and cleared caches several times ugh someone plz help

theCman

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys rooted? I had a similar problem when updating my ROM. Try doing a full wipe including internal storage and then install the ROM from your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone had been doing this for about a week now......it starts to download then stops at different percentages....I've tried everything even reset my phone and cleared caches several times ugh someone plz help

In addition to clearing your cache try to clear your app data and roll back all of your updates for the play store. Do this for Google Play Services as well then restart. You'll have to log back into the Play Store once you're rebooted, but this usually does the trick.

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're still having trouble you can call your provider (I'm assuming Sprint since this is the Sprint section), but I doubt there is a whole lot they can do. They will most likely end up suggesting what was recommended here and then ultimately have you perform a factory reset.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset... everything is working fine now.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8426266

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I had this same exact problem and did a google search on this. I found this thread and followed directions and now it works again. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Elias Daoud

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem (plus my emails account can not download any file) and no solution is found.
I tried all what the helper suggest here below. But then I found another way to solve it ...
Apps Manager -> reset app preferences

Regards

Jarrod Bell

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a GS3; Play worked on 4G network, but no updates or new apps on home wi-fi. I spent 3 hours trying all the cache clearings, restarts, and other advise listed here and on other boards. I even messes with the modem DNS and reset the wi-fi router. Nothing.

My fix was so simple I could shoot myself for wasting so much time on the rest. It IS a ROUTER issue; but an easy one!!! And you don't do anything to the router to fix it. (?) All you do is "forget" your wi-fi on yoru device and then re-aquire it like a new network. (you'll need your password for your wi-fi if you set one up.)

That easy folks!! Don't know why it works; it just does. :)

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got 13 updates, this is the message I get when I try to update; update for "Facebook" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-3] anyone getting this message, Ive been getting this for a couple of weeks now. Very frustrating!

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a GS3; Play worked on 4G network, but no updates or new apps on home wi-fi. I spent 3 hours trying all the cache clearings, restarts, and other advise listed here and on other boards. I even messes with the modem DNS and reset the wi-fi router. Nothing.

My fix was so simple I could shoot myself for wasting so much time on the rest. It IS a ROUTER issue; but an easy one!!! And you don't do anything to the router to fix it. (?) All you do is "forget" your wi-fi on yoru device and then re-aquire it like a new network. (you'll need your password for your wi-fi if you set one up.)

That easy folks!! Don't know why it works; it just does. :)
Didn't work for me.

nelsimiyu

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
i have tried all options of clearing the cache, force stop the app, and removed my google account but none has changed.i have samsung s3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
i have tried all options of clearing the cache, force stop the app, and removed my google account but none has changed.
Does your phone work normally except for this issue with the Google Play Store?
Can you look through the content in the Google Play Store but just not install any new apps or update existing ones?
Can you surf the Web?
Have you tried both Mobile data and Wi-Fi?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

slator745

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to download apps and games on my phone and everything goes good til the installation stage, it says insufficient storage and I assumed that means not enough storage. What I'm confused about is why it says not enough space yet the app requires about 40MB and I have about 400MB total storage left. So if anyone can help me please do

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have about 400MB total storage left
If you really only have about 400MB Available space remaining, consider yourself lucky that your phone even boots correctly - Android seems to get very squirrelly when there's less than 1GB free.
eryvyra4.jpg
You should probably worry about how to make additional space available before you worry about not being able to install additional apps.

Even on a 16GB device, you should start with about 11GB Available space following a Factory Reset. Unless you have your whole music collection or several movies or a ton of videos stored in the internal memory, you should have plenty of room for apps (plus additional space for the OS scratchpad).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Eugene Gomez1

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey man. I can surf freely no buffing i download anything using my browser but when i use my playstore to download apps its very slow :( what can i do to fix this please help me :((

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21