Google Maps update

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh and not only is Latitude gone, but so is "My Maps" (all your saved routes and other maps with favorites on them). Oh well.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh and not only is Latitude gone, but so is "My Maps" (all your saved routes and other maps with favorites on them). Oh well.

No the favorites and previous destinations are still there, click on the search box and they're down there. I was really disappointed when i thought the same thing.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No the favorites and previous destinations are still there, click on the search box and they're down there. I was really disappointed when i thought the same thing.
Some of the favorites are there, but not if they were only saved under "my maps." I had grouped some favorites under my maps, and those starred favorites are no where to be found.

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
It sucks if you use it for work and you need to use it single handed. Where's the zoom button and it seems like the stared places show up some of the time and not others

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I used it for the first time on the road today, and this update sucks! I thought it was ok trying it at home, but while your driving it's like Google is trying to make you crash. I had to pull over and wait for it to figure out where it was, and it made me late. I don't want to roll it back because of actual map updates, but feedback has been sent.

If everyone else reading this could send feedback to google from within the app, that would be great, thanks!

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Is this new maps update draining the hell out of their battery when in use like it is with me?
YES!! I had it plugged into my car charger while i was using it today, and my battery went down! I know my car charger isn't as powerful as my wall charger, but when I'm listening to pandora with bluetooth and having pandown(awesome if you're rooted, look it up) running in the background, it'll charge it. But this update is really a disappointment!

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
YES!! I had it plugged into my car charger while i was using it today, and my battery went down! I know my car charger isn't as powerful as my wall charger, but when I'm listening to pandora with bluetooth and having pandown(awesome if you're rooted, look it up) running in the background, it'll charge it. But this update is really a disappointment!

That is my same problem...I wonder if it is the ROM or the new maps update....

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't like it at all - more complicated to use. Why can't they leave well enough alone? I keep losing it on my most recent effort to use it on I26 near Asheville, NC - signal was certainly strong enough.

How are you guys liking the update? I personally like it a lot, but there's two minor quirks bugging me.
1) Our menu button does absolutely nothing... :-(
2) I don't like having to swipe seeing the next direction instead of older version tapping it.

Other than that, like I've said earlier. It's a welcome update. I'm interested in your opinions and findings of bugs too.

scobb

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The new update is fine people just complain about things that are new and a little different, everybody will get used to it if they give it a real try.

You clearly haven't been reading the comments. These aren't just minor gripes. There are features missing, there are changes that have made the UX measurably poorer, and it actually crashes when trying to restart a navigation.

"get used to it"????

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I reverted back to the old navigation. I couldn't get use to the new features. While the map looks excellent and refreshing. I was missing the old options it provided.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I was having big problems using navigation, but discovered that if I start my search for a route with the maps app, I do much better. Using the navigation shortcut I wound up losing my destination repeatedly.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I took a 600 mile round trip to Atlantic City and I had a very poor experience with the the new Google Maps. I used it on a couple of trips less than 100 mile and I couldn't get used to it.

My biggest problem is that there doesn't seem to be a standard nav view anymore like the old Maps or even TomTom and Garmin have used for a decade. I like my navigation screen to always show me travelling "up" on the screen, regardless of weather I am going North, South, East West. However, the new Navigation screen shows me on the regular map and actually shows me as the little blue arrow going east, west, etc on the map.

Even worse is that when in metro areas, it doesn't zoom-in automatically when approaching a turn in a dense area. I found myself constantly looking at the screen trying to figure out which way was left or right. I looked in the options but couldn't find a way to bring back the standard nav screen and get out of the map view. Has anyone else encountered this problem? is it a settings issue?

Another problem was that switching to Google Play music and then back to the Navigation route in-progress would either crash Google Maps or take me back to the Starting Poing/Destination screen, forcing me to take my eyes off the road even longer. I may switch back until Google irons out these bugs.... Any help with my issue would be appreciated...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol