Galaxy s3 Submerged in Pond **NEED HELP****

TheAndroidDewd

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi I went into a pond with my gs3 left in my swimming trunks it was a while until I finally noticed I left in my pocket it was submerged for at least a half an hour I had it in rice and the fridge for at least a few hours I tryed to fix it and this little wire on the inside ended up taking out after the phone won't even make a vibrate the screen won't shore anything at all but the insides get a bit hot id's there any suggestion how should I put it in the rice???

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s3 in Pond **NEED HELP****

Hi I went into a pond with my gs3 left in my swimming trunks it was a while until I finally noticed I left in my pocket it was submerged for at least a half an hour I had it in rice and the fridge for at least a few hours I tryed to fix it and this little wire on the inside ended up taking out after the phone won't even make a vibrate the screen won't shore anything at all but the insides get a bit hot id's there any suggestion how should I put it in the rice???

It sounds like it's too late for rice! :'( The real trick to not damaging a wet phone is to not pushing any buttons or attempt to turn it on until you know it's completely dry. It's these actions that will short something out or ruin the entire phone. I remember when I accidentally put a phone through the washing machine, I pulled it out and the first thing I did was try to turn it on. It loaded for a second and then shorted out. After I learned that lesson, I was thrown into a pool holding two phone and when I got out, the first thing I did was rip the battery doors off and remove the batteries. I let those phones sit unused for over a week until they were completely dry. Then I opened them up and blew some air inside to make sure all the water was gone. They worked fine after that.

All the rice does is help speed up the drying process. In your case, either the phone was damaged before you got it in rice or you didn't wait long enough for the rice to do its job.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s3 in Pond **NEED HELP****

I agree with hulk, fully submerged for half an hour? That needs atleast a full week in rice, and a clean rinse. But since you fired it up on the first day, it's toast. Time to upgrade to an S4! The battery is most likely fried too, so don't use that in any other phone.

Thrillhouse617

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Only chance now is to submerge it for a little while in *distilled* water. Then repeat the rice or silicate packet process.

It's not the water that kills things... It's the contaminates causing short circuits.

It's your only chance. I don't think it'll work but what do you have to lose

TheAndroidDewd

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up taking it apart and I think its fried :( unless I can get my cousin to help me fix it but is it good for anything now?

Posted via Android Central App