Did wifi help me or what?

Stewby85

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
ok two things on my mind and just like to see what you think. I live in the Carolinas (Charlotte area) and over the last few months service sucks. I mean sucks so bad that I am going to change at the end of my contract. I have been with sprint many many yrs. I see 4 G show up now and then but the speed is pathetic. If 4g is so great I am not impressed.
Next question, I use to have a EVO phone. In my local bar up the street the service is just not there so no texting or anything. But I could turn on wifi that was in the bar and I could text just fine. I think I recall a setting on that phone that allowed that to happen or was I just dreaming? And does the S3 not do that ??

just some thoughts and would like some comments

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge, texts and calls have to go through the data network (sprint), and everything else like email and internet can through wifi. You would need a 3rd party app to text or make calls over wifi. But i am known to be wrong.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Download pinger all incoming calls are free they...only negative thing is that it gives you a separate number for that app you can text also through the app free aslong as you have internet but for mins you can but or watch ads for them up to you Ive also used it on my (sad to say) ipod but great app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar