Hello. I apologize if this has been covered before. I was unable to find it. I have a Galaxy s iii through Sprint, and I tried the drive mode. It will only announce that I have a text message or e mail and will not read the message. My friend has the same phone and it will read her the complete message. I called the store and was told this was not a phone issue but a Sprint issue. Can someone either tell me how to get this working where it will actually read the messages in addition to announcing them, or recommend a free or inexpensive app that does this and works with Sprint? Thanks !
    07-24-2013 09:50 AM
    Hello. I apologize if this has been covered before. I was unable to find it. I have a Galaxy S3 through Sprint, and I tried the drive mode. It will only announce that I have a text message or e mail and will not read the message. My friend has the same phone and it will read her the complete message. I called the store and was told this was not a phone issue but a Sprint issue. Can someone either tell me how to get this working where it will actually read the messages in addition to announcing them, or recommend a free or inexpensive app that does this and works with Sprint? Thanks !
    Welcome to the forums!
    I have a Sprint S3, but not a Stock ROM, so I cannot check this myself:
    Have you tried going through the apps settings? Open it and hit the menu button, the capacitive key to the left of Home. That should (or may not) bring up your options menu. If that opens see if there is a settings option, and click that. I would guess read aloud messages would be in there.
    07-24-2013 10:34 PM