No picture messaging/ slow speeds after flashing Wicked Sensations 4.2 ROM

Copasta

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

I finally got the nerve up to flash a new ROM onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 that is flashed to Boost Mobile! It literally took me weeks of pondering it before I made the jump! I flashed the Wicked Sensations 4.xx, and everything seems to have worked fine, except now I can't send pictures in text messages anymore! I checked the mmsc url, which was blank, so I put in the proper address (which won't let me post here because I'm new) and thought for sure that would solve my problem! Nope.... didn't work! I checked the mmsc proxy, and it was blank, so I put in "68.28.31.7" (copied from my daughters phone....same thing....S3 flashed to Boost), and I put "80" in the mmsc proxy port (also copied from my daughters phone). Nothing worked so far. I also noticed that at the top of the screen where it used to say "3G".....it now says "1x"! Could that be the problem? Somebody told me I may need to "re-provision the data on my carrier" because it looks like I'm not getting 3g speeds, but I don't know what that means to "re-provision the data"! Someone please help! I am thoroughly confused, and I need to be able to send pictures in text messages once again! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Copasta

P.S. I downloaded Speedtest app, and ran the test on my phone. My phone pinged at 629ms, download speed was 94kbps, and upload was 194kbps.....if that is helpful to anyone. My current PRL is 61010, which states it is in "Washington, DC"....I am in Pennsylvania about 2.5 hours away from DC! Shouldn't I have a closer tower to connect to?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't offer any solutions. However I have seen and read about widespread problems with mms on these phones when flashed to other carriers.

I will be sure to pass along anything I see that may help.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Copasta

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks seanskiT1. It worked fine for over a year when it was flashed from Sprint to Boost using Wicked Sensations 1.2. I just wanted to update it because I kept getting the "System Update Available" notification every 20 seconds, and I couldn't take it any longer! My 3G was fine before the new ROM, but now it is terrible slow and I can't send pictures in text messages! I hope there is a solution! I certainly don't want to have to buy a new GS3 for Boost! Thanks again for any help!

Copasta

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Someone replied to your post on XDA. check it out here.

Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile - Page 86 - xda-developers

It should be your fix.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Yup, I got the answer from them seanskiT1! It worked to get the picture messaging working, but not 3G as of yet! Still working on that, but haven't had much time to put into it the past few days! Perhaps this weekend I will dig into it once again! I'm wondering if just calling Boost Mobile and have them reset my phone will do anything? I'll try some online solutions before I do that, but that may be my last option! Thanks for all the help you have provided!