Transfering picture from old S3 to new S3 (old one has cracked screen)

Piffer28

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I read another thread on how to transfer pictures from my broken S3 to my new device through the board. I unscrewed both, and attached the new phone to the old one, but when I turned it on, it was just a blank screen. What could I be doing wrong? Do both phones need to be on? I only have 1 battery, so do both need to have batteries as well? Thanks for the help. These are all pictures of my baby from about 5 months on and I would die if I lost them :-( I will be smart next time and back them up!!!

hitsmanj

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I would connect the old phone to a computer and then drag and drop the photos to a file on the computer. I'm reasonably sure you will need the phone to be powered on to do this. If you still want the photos on your new phone, then connect it to the computer and download the photos from there.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I read another thread on how to transfer pictures from my broken S3 to my new device through the board. I unscrewed both, and attached the new phone to the old one, but when I turned it on, it was just a blank screen. What could I be doing wrong? Do both phones need to be on? I only have 1 battery, so do both need to have batteries as well? Thanks for the help. These are all pictures of my baby from about 5 months on and I would die if I lost them :-( I will be smart next time and back them up!!!

Welcome to the forums! I completely agree with connecting to a PC and drag and drop. Does 2 things. Transfers the files, and makes copies.

I would connect the old phone to a computer and then drag and drop the photos to a file on the computer. I'm reasonably sure you will need the phone to be powered on to do this. If you still want the photos on your new phone, then connect it to the computer and download the photos from there.

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non