Picture Gallery - Installation of micro SD - Facebook Album's

Adam Shapiro

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Good day! So like a dummy, I installed a micro SD [Samsung Plus branded 32GB] into my Galaxy S3. I say dummy because I had enough space already but I thought why not have more storage? I should have left well enough alone, as they say.

Now that I have formatted this SD card, when I visit my picture gallery, all my Facebook albums pull up saying "Unable to load photo." I can still view the pictures I took with the stock camera and Instagram, however. I love how the gallery sorts my pics by folder, and not having any access to my Facebook albums from the gallery is causing some problems for me.

If anyone has thoughts on the matter, I would really appreciate hearing them. I want to avoid a factory reset if I can, so many thanks for any expertise that can be shared.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you synced your Facebook Gallery to your SD Card and now that it's been formatted, it can't access them anymore, but the system thumbnails are still there. You could try to force a Re-Sync from the Facebook App or go to Settings, Application Manager, "All" Tab, look for the Gallery App and click on it. Inside, try clearing Cache and/or Data and see if it helps. This forces the Gallery to re-build its listing and thumbnails.

WARNING: I'M NOT SURE IF DELETING DATA FROM THE GALLERY ERASES YOUR PICTURES, SO MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP FIRST!!! IT SHOULDN'T, BUT BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

Adam Shapiro

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Spook, thank you. Something within your ideas, coupled with reboots and log-outs, did the trick for the most part. I can see 90% of my galleries now, instead of 20%. Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci