How to import contacts from Dumb Phone to Galaxy S3?

Forsberg21

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. My wife and I have phones where we are used to using SIM cards to transfer our contact info to the new phone. I am leaving AT&T to go with Sprint and we both plan on getting the S3. But, how the hec do you import your contact info from a dumbphone to a smartphone like the S3? For the record I have a HTC Tilt 2 and my wife has a Nokia CF360. I know both of these phones are old, hence why we need new phones. I tried to do a search and couldn't find any clear answers. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For your Tilt 2, try the following instructions in this thread: Exporting Contacts from Windows Mobile to Android (Without Outlook or Google Sync) - xda-developers
Since it's a Windows Mobile phone, you could also try to sync it with desktop Outlook, then export those contacts from Outlook to a .CSV file, then go to Google Contacts on the web and import that .CSV file into your contacts. Google Contacts will then sync with your Android phone.

I can't find that Nokia model listed anywhere--is it a typo? In any case, see if there is a way to sync or backup your Nokia contacts to Outlook on your PC, and then follow the same procedure as above.

Forsberg21

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
For your Tilt 2, try the following instructions in this thread: Exporting Contacts from Windows Mobile to Android (Without Outlook or Google Sync) - xda-developers
Since it's a Windows Mobile phone, you could also try to sync it with desktop Outlook, then export those contacts from Outlook to a .CSV file, then go to Google Contacts on the web and import that .CSV file into your contacts. Google Contacts will then sync with your Android phone.

I can't find that Nokia model listed anywhere--is it a typo? In any case, see if there is a way to sync or backup your Nokia contacts to Outlook on your PC, and then follow the same procedure as above.

Thanks B. Diddy. Believe it or not, that is the correct model # for that Nokia (just goes to show you how old it is I guess. :) ) I'll look into this. I only have about 10 contacts myself for the Tilt 2, so I think I will just re-add them, sounds easier. For my wife, I think she may be looking at a much more difficult road......she may need to set aside an afternoon for her contacts, as she has many. Not sure (being I know little about this stuff and computers) if I can do what you suggest, but I can sure try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it isn't an LG phone? I can find an LG CF360 model online, but not a Nokia model.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. My wife and I have phones where we are used to using SIM cards to transfer our contact info to the new phone. I am leaving AT&T to go with Sprint and we both plan on getting the S3. But, how the hec do you import your contact info from a dumbphone to a smartphone like the S3? For the record I have a HTC Tilt 2 and my wife has a Nokia CF360. I know both of these phones are old, hence why we need new phones. I tried to do a search and couldn't find any clear answers. Help!

Can you export your contact's to a vcf file... Then import it into your new phone?

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I second the solution by B.diddy you can also do that for your wife contacts using the tilt2.

I.e export the contacts from wife phone to sim and insert the sim to tilt 2 and do the above procedure by b.diddy. it should be eassy...

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to let the carrier do this for you at the store when you pick up your new phones. They usually have those transfer machines that transfer contacts and photos to your shiny new phone.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams